Tuesday Tips - Blog 365 - Jan.3,2023

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Blog 365 hosted by Sandra at  Diary of A Stay At Home Mom. Blog 365 is a challenge to blog 365 days this year and those blog posts can be simple or more complex. 

I thought today would be a good day to share some tips for the new year. I know many families are struggling with food prices rising to amounts we have never thought we would see as well as heating costs rising and other prices going in the wrong direction. Have you looked at what families that rent have to pay for housing? At least where I am, the prices are ridiculous! Many are struggling and I don't see an end to the struggle so I am going to attempt to do some posts that will help others find some ways to save money. 

My first tip would be to set a budget by looking at all your absolutely necessary expenses. Housing, utilities, food, baby items (diapers and formula), insurance are all necessary. A car could be considered necessary as you must get to work, but it does not have to be a new car or a fancy car. All other items can be grouped into a different category. Add the necessary expenses and subtract that amount from your paycheck and you can figure out how to spend the rest of your money. 

My second tip is to combine trips in order to save gasoline. I live almost 15 miles from any grocery store and I have learned that it simply is not feasible to make daily trips to the store. This has allowed me to learn to have menu ideas in order to shop with a purpose and not make many trips. This has saved me thousands of dollars in gas over the time we have lived here. 

The third tip is one that many people do not care to do, but use what you have. You don't have to buy new clothes every season and you do not have to keep up with what the neighbors have. If you need to put yourself in debt just to keep up appearances, it simply is not worth it. Reuse, repurpose, and make do the same as your ancestors have done for years. Some things can't be reused, but many waste money by wearing clothes one season and getting rid of them. I promise, unless you are a super model, it is not necessary.

I highly recommend if you are struggling with finances that you check out a blog that I have recently found and have enjoyed watching and reading Under The Median. They offer several ideas and their videos on You Tube are very interesting as well. You can find the link to those on the blog. This couple makes the best of income that is not considered wealthy at all. 

Lastly, you can turn your finances around by simply changing the way you look at your lifestyle and by saving money in many areas. 




Comments

  1. Those are some great tips you give, I do pretty much all of them, and it definitely helps in the times we're living in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24