ooo Santana! I love this song!!1
1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 23, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?
A. I did very little Black Friday shopping, but I did score a few good buys! I got a Play Doh set for half price and I got some great deals at Menard's.
2) On busy shopping days, carts often litter parking lots. After loading your items into your car, are you careful to return your shopping cart to the store or the designated cart receptacle?
A. I try to always return the cart to the cart corral, but if there is not one near our car and I have the grand doll, I sometimes don't. I can't walk away from the car too far with her in it and I usually make sure she is safely strapped in the car before I finish the cart.
3) Who on your gift list is hardest to buy for?
A. My husband. If he wants anything, he goes and buys it and that makes for hard gift choices.
4) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include enjoying leftovers or watching a game?
A. No, unless you count pumpkin pie as left overs.
5) Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is an annual event. It began in 1924 as a local event in New York. Today it's nationally televised. Did you watch it?
A. No, but I will today as I made sure to record it because I never get time to see it when it is on.
6) What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2018?
A. I gave thanks for my family and my health.
7) At the first Thanksgiving, there were no forks. Pilgrims ate with spoons and knives, and forks didn't become popular until the 18th century. Think about your Thanksgiving place setting. Did you have both a salad and a dinner fork?
A. No, we had plastic silverware and everyone used one fork each.
8) Pies are a popular Thanksgiving dessert. What kind of pie did you enjoy? Or did you have ice cream? Or did you skip dessert?
A. I made pumpkin, pecan, and banana cream, which I truly don't care for any of, but I will eat the pumpkin.
9) This week's featured band, Santana, was named for its founder, Carlos Santana. He was born in Mexico. When at a Mexican restaurant, what do you usually order?
A. Grilled chicken and cheese quesadilla with chips and salsa and a sweet tea! I love Mexican food!!!!!
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. (#260)