Early Mornings In The Woods

For those of you that are not aware it is the first day of shotgun season in Indiana for deer hunting. For many men and some women that means an early morning of getting up and heading into the woods before daylight to sit in a cold, dark tree stand or hunting blind to wait to hear something crunching on the leaves that have fallen to the ground just to hope that it is a deer that is right to hunt. Sounds like a ball of fun! NOT!!!!!

I do not object to people that hunt for food as that is the way life has been since the beginning of time, but I do not like trophy hunting. My husband and both future son-in-laws hunt for food and are legal hunters who do things by the book. We are thankful for the meat that a kill would bring but we are also fully aware that there are guidelines and rules as well as a use for all of the animal or it is a wasteful kill. We are also very precise about making sure we do not eliminate the deer population in the area.

For me, opening morning of deer season means that I can get a little cleaning and work done for the holidays without worrying about making sure I am not in the way of the hubby seeing the television newscast or making sure his coffee is ready. It also means that I can write this post without any interruptions. It also means that I am listening to Christmas Carols on the music station and enjoying it fully. I will head to the outer garage storage and attempt to find my Christmas curtains in a moment as it seems for some reason I stored them there instead of in the house and now that the living room curtains are down, those can begin to go up.

Christmas decorating seems to be a slow process this year as I just can't seem to motivate myself to begin. I will get some done before the Thanksgiving holiday though. I am determined! The bad part is that my grand doll will be here each day between now and then except tomorrow. Maybe he will hunt tomorrow as well and I will be able to get something else accomplished without interruption.

My daughters and I are heading to a couple of craft shows today and so I know that my time is limited and tomorrow I hope to do our shopping for the Thanksgiving dinner. Next year, I am requiring all who want to eat to be here to help cook. I bet they decided that it is a lot of work but also a nice family time together.

For now, I must run. I am leaving you with a couple of photos that I have borrowed since I don't believe I have a thing related to this post.
Have a great Saturday whatever you are doing!!

Comments

  1. Same here- My son hunts because they love venison...me? Not so much. lol But they do everything by the book, too, and have no respect for people that are trophy hunters. We were just talking about that yesterday.

    I hope you have a great weekend-and get lots done. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, trophy hunting is such a waste. Venison is good the way that my husband processes his. I can't tell the difference in it and beef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves to deer hunt but has not been able to go for years due to his health. I went with him once when we were first married. He was distraught that I pulled a book out of my pocket and was reading when he came to check up on me. Evidently, you are supposed to sit and stare at the empty forest. Why?

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    PS: I think snoozing is allowed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24