Thankful Sunday

Good Morning! I was thinking I would write this post later this week, but today just feels the right time to write it. Being thankful is something that I think of quite often, not just the month of November. As God provides more than I truly need at times and I have always been thankful that I was able to raise my children in a better atmosphere than I was raised in.

I am thankful for my home and small hobby farm. I love living on this small farm. I have learned to not mind my house although I have always wanted a two story farmhouse with a large front porch. Instead I have a small one story house with a small deck but it keeps me warm and dry and many don't have that. I love the animals although they are a lot of work!



I am thankful for my children. All three of them bring such joy to my life. They are all hard working young people and for the most part are providing for themselves. They all keep in touch with us and they all live within a hour from here so I can see them often.

My girls love their big brother! With all of them over 20 in this picture, I found this to be my favorite Christmas photo last year. 

I am thankful for my hard working husband. He irritates me sometime that he never wants to take a day off but I know he works to provide our needs. He has always done anything he had to do for us to have nice things and he will continue to until he can't. I love him dearly!
That's him on the left with his dad. There is not a family resemblance at all , right? By the way, his son looks just like him except for the gray. 

I am thankful that his parents are still alive and I am thankful that my mom is still alive. She drives me crazy at times, but we could have lost her a couple of years ago and I am thankful that God was on her side and prayers were answered. 
Here she is holding one of her great grandchildren. She has 4 all under 4 years old. Her life has certainly changed a lot in a few years.  
Of course, I am thankful for my friends as well and the rest of my family. I love all of them. 

What are you thankful for?




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing all the things you are thankful for, makes a wonderful post.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful you shared pictures of your family and that the sun is finally, finally shining. It has rained for a week now.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24