Crafting for a Cause - Day 21 Blog 365

 Good morning! I hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday so far. I have had my shower, completed packing to go to my daughter's house for a week, made my oatmeal that I am eating now and am finally able to sit a minute to write my post for the day. 

On Monday night, I went to our local library with my friend Libby and we participated in a class that they were having. It was titled, Crafting for a Cause. The cause was Upstream Prevention, which is a local group that seeks to support those that are struggling with drug addiction, mental health issues and thoughts of  suicide. They seek to support system level changes within the public health sector. The craft was painting inspirational rocks that would be put throughout the community for people to find. 

I must say I was a little concerned as I am not a painter or an artist. When we arrived we were the only two people that were there and the sweet lady in charge said she was not sure that many were coming. She also explained that there were stickers that could be placed on the rocks if we wanted, but that we would use paint pens and markers for our decorations and we could do anything inspirational that we wanted. I was relieved! I quickly Googled inspirational rocks to see what types of things we might decorate these with. I am thankful to say that we found many ideas to inspire us. 
Here are a few that I made. 


Being that many of you are aware that I am on a kindness campaign this year to personally make the world around me a nicer place, I was happy to take part in this. I quickly found that I enjoyed doing these and I may continue it at a further time to do more on my own. 

This is my favorite of all of the ones that I painted. 

We are now suppose to take them out into the community and place them where others might find them and brighten their day. I fully intend to do that and I will place them in my car today so that I am able to do that. I am thinking that I might have the grands make some for Valentine's Day. These that we made have a sticker on them that say #upstreamprevention in hopes that people that pick them up might check out.




Just for fun, which one is your favorite?

Have a great weekend!!



Comments

  1. What a fun and very worthwhile project!! I enlarged them all to get a better look. And my favorite is also the kindness sunflower one, it is gorgeous and has a great message. And how clever to just write on them if you are not an artist! You have made me want to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I think the idea is a fabulous one and such an easy way to spread some kindness and love.

      Delete
  2. What a fun and kind activity. My favorite is the be kind one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24