Book Beginnings on Friday - A Colebridge Quilted Christmas

 Book Beginning is hosted by Rose City Reader and this is my first time to take part in it. I have read several of them, but never decided to participate until today. I am looking to increase the readers that see my blog regularly and I am looking to do book reviews this year in exchange for books. 

" I thought of Moses parting the Red Sea as I walked through rows of hundreds of red poinsettias in my greenhouse."  That is the first sentence to the book I am currently reading. 


A Colebridge Quilted Christmas is the final installment is Ann Hazelwood's series of Colebridge Community books. There is a total of 7 books in the series, which I have not read any of except this one. 

Main Street is busy with the Mistletoe Market and the quilt show in the depot. Folks in Colebridge help one another, especially at Christmas. Like the quilts, they are sewn together through loss and love. Their lives are quilted together by their appreciation of the community that binds them, not just in Colebridge, but in their hearts. 

The author is a former quilt shop owner and is a quilt appraiser. She is a native of Missouri and former President of The National Quilt Museum's Board Of Directors. Needless to say, she knows quilts and the bonds that they can form in quilters. 

I am currently on page 137 and have found the book to be a slow read for me, but a good book none the less. 



Comments

  1. I am not crazy about slow reads anymore. I used to not mind them but now I really like a book that keeps me fully engaged.
    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the exact same way. I need to be engaged. Thanks for stopping by here as well.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are enjoy this one even if it's a bit slow. I like that the author is a quilter herself. I am not one, but my quilts and afghans that have been handed down are very special to me, each tellling their own stories. Colebridge sounds like a wonderful place to spend your reading time! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book! How was it chosen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying your book even if it is moving a bit slow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes slow reads end up surprising me though I often myself putting them away and picking them up later again to finish...
    My Book Beginnings is here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024