Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 9,2023 - Blog 365


The Happy Homemaker Monday series is hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom. Check out other blogs that have this series contained in them by going to her page and reading her post for the day as there are links to other posts there. Now, let's get down to business.


The weather...

  We are having fairly normal temperatures of a night, but our daytime highs are a bit warmer than normal for January. Of course, it is cloudy as it is most days in January here. I hate the gloomy days this month. It does make the sunshine a little more appreciated though. We may have a bit of snow on Friday after being in the 50's on Wednesday. 


Right Now I Am...

  I am writing this post while listening to Girl Meets Farm on the Food Network. I enjoy listening to these types of cooking shows as they usually cook a few things that I think that I would like to make. I have finished my to do list except for shopping with my daughter at the grocery and my computer work for the day. 


Thinking...

  I have been thinking and praying about the violence that our country is dealing with currently. Yes, I know it could be worse. Since New Years Eve, I have heard of 4 murder/suicide cases that have claimed the lives of 18 people, 8 of those being children. It breaks my heart to think if these children seen their parent with a gun aimed at them. How sad! Did they know if there were multiple children in the home that Mom/Dad was killing the family and they were next and could do nothing about it? Also, a 6 year old child shot a teacher in Virginia. The teacher is in critical condition and the law is unsure of what to do with the child. Well, he/she committed attempted murder. Why are the parents not an accomplice as why the child was allowed to have a gun in their possession at age 6? 

 Now I am fully aware that children hunt at that age and that guns are legal in the US. I am not anti gun, but we MUST be responsible gun owners when there are children around. Keeping your gun locked up may not be the answer, but the gun must be out of reach of a child. 


On My Reading Pile...

  I am still reading Quilted Christmas by Ann Hazelwood. It is a story that I am finding hard to hold my attention at the moment and I have been doing quite a bit of other stuff other than reading. 


On My TV...

  Fire Country

Girl Meets Farm

The Pioneer Woman

 Swat

Dirty Jobs (my husband)


Something Fun To Share..

  We are going to be grandparents again. My oldest daughter and her husband are expecting their first child and I am super excited about it. I am anxious to shop and help to decorate and prepare for baby. 


On The Menu..

 Monday- Chicken Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner

 Tuesday - Pot Roast with veggies

 Wednesday - our anniversary so I am assuming we will eat out

 Thursday - Chicken Parmesan 

 Friday - Chili or Meatloaf


My To Do List..

  Todays list is:

 Laundry .* Completed

Wipe down bathroom *

Wipe down kitchen counters *

Sweep and Mop *

VIP group posts for the week

Happy Homemaker Blog Post

Bible Study *


In the Craft Basket..

  My next diamond art project, but I have not started it yet so I don't have a photo. 


Looking Around.. 

  I am excited that most of my to do list for the day is complete. I still need to do a few things online and go to the grocery with my daughter when she is ready. I am thrilled that I have felt up to cleaning on a more normal basis now. 


Looking Forward To This Week..

  Our 28th anniversary is this week and I am looking forward to celebrating that. I hope to plan a small trip later in the year. I wanted to go to an escape room for the day, but he doesn't want to go. 


On My Prayer List..

  1. All of the families affected by murder/suicide this year, but especially a family that I personally know the mom of. She lost her husband and daughter. 

 2. My daughter and new grandchild. Her health to remain good and that baby to grow. 

 3. My grandchildren.

 4. Peace


Bible Verse..

  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18 (KJV)

This is the verse of the day on the Official King James Bible online study. It is not the study I completed earlier, but I check this site each day as well. 




  




Comments

  1. Congratulations on the pending new arrival! I love watching the cooking shows as well. And I re-decorated and painted out kitchen to bee all Pioneer Woman decor! I am waiting for the press conference this afternoon about thelittle boy who shot his teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the current state of our country, it breaks my heart. I said the same to my husband about the 6 year old, like how do you deal with that, and what as a 6 year old doing with a gun in the classroom? Where were his parents? Then all the murder/suicides are so heartbreaking, it seems there is one once a week. I think people are feeling extremely stressed with the rising prices and gas, and some just can't seem to handle it. It's heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary and on the pending grandchild! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your anniversary and on the futur grandchild. It is sad all the violence going on. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new grandbaby! A and early anniversary wishes! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a new grandchild. How exciting for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! And congratulations again on the new grandbaby. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fun list. Congratulations on your grandparenting news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24