Foot Surgery Update - Blog 365 -1-13-23

 I saw the podiatrist yesterday and he was happy with the way my foot is healing. I questioned him about the pain that I am having and he said it is growing pains. I laughed and commented that I must be too old for that. 

He believes that most of the pain is from the extensive and aggressive hardware and my bones attempting to get along together. He thinks as I use my foot more and begin to massage the areas that I am having pain in, I may see a difference in the pain. He says that he does not see a problem with the hardware and that my x rays look great. I was so glad to hear that as I felt that there was a problem again. I am thankful that everything seems to be holding together well. 

I asked if he thought we could go a year without another surgery and he said he believes we will be fine. I pray that he is correct as I am over the surgery. Two in a year and over 16 weeks of non weight bearing has taken a huge toll on what I feel like I am able to accomplish. My energy level is awful and I tire so easy. I have a plan to start walking a bit more and hopefully, I can regain some strength. 


Of all of the bones in your feet, I have metal of some kind in most everyone of them in my left foot. My metatarsal area has been destroyed over the years and he says there is really not much bone left. 

Enough of that, I will include this with the Blog 365 that Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom is hosting. 

Take care of yourselves today and do not worry about the date on the calendar. 




Comments

  1. I cannot imagine what you have been going through, I am so sorry!! But glad that nothing serious is causing your pain. So why have your feet had this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that your foot pain eases soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24