Blog 365 - 1/2/23

 

I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom to blog 365 days this year. Join us on her page.



Life certainly gets in the way of many things that we need to do or simply want to do. I find that many days, I truly have no idea as to where my time goes. I have plans, but I seem to get off track and never truly back on track. Do you have that happen?

Do you find that you are the last person that you take care of? Ladies, we need to change that . As far as goals go, I did not set a self care goal for the year except for drinking more water, but I want to challenge each of you to do something daily for yourself. I like to journal and I plan to do that daily as well. I have found I love diamond art and I plan to be sure to schedule it into my week at some point. Self care is important and self love is as well. 

Here are a few ideas on simple ways to love and care about yourself. 

  1. Be sure to get plenty of sleep. Many of us get so accustomed to sleeping a few hours that it becomes the norm, but we need to be well rested to care for our families. 
       2. Have 5 minutes of quiet each day. Lock yourself in the bathroom if you must.

       3. Get dressed and brush your hair daily. Many times if we have smaller children we are so busy that even the daily basics are hard. You will feel better about yourself if you walk by the mirror and you look put together a bit. 

       4. Dance while doing a mundane chore like dishes or laundry. Sing if you can't dance. Singing is a sure way to put a smile on your face and make your day a bit cheerier. 

       5. Spend 15 minutes at the end of the day and read a book or work on something you want to do. 

       6. Call a friend. Maybe just to say HI and ask how they are. Find someone that you know will allow a short call and make it just a few minutes. 

       7. Cuddle with your child or your husband. 

       8. Breathe!


Whatever you have to do can wait a few minutes for you to care for yourself!






Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024