Celebrating 28 Years - Blog 365 - Jan. 11, 2023

 


This photo is of my husband and I taken in May of 2021 at our daughters' wedding. It was taken during the dance of married couples and we were the longest married couple there. My best friend and her husband were just a few months later than us. The smiles here are a sign of many happy times together. It has not been a bed of roses, but I am happy to say we have made it to 28 years.

We were married at the nursing home where my grandmother resided at that time due to bad weather preventing her from leaving. The ironic part of that is his mother is currently in the same home and her room is very near where we were married in the hallway. 

A family friend was our minister and when I changed plans for about an hour before the wedding, he graciously accepted my idea. No cake, no decorations, no reception, no music. We simply had my grandmother, grandfather, mom, daughter, brother and sister in law and his parents there. We went to a local restaurant after the service and went home as it was icy and to bad to go anywhere. About a week later, we traveled about an hour south of us and stayed in a hotel for the weekend for our honeymoon. I am regretful that we never had a real honeymoon, but we have had some real adventures in our marriage. He doesn't like to travel and I love to. I wish he would vacation more. 

Anyway, here we are 28 years later still together and although we have many disagreements and do not see life the same, we are together and we have made a life for ourselves. We have three children, 2 grandchildren and 1 on the way. We have a daughter in law and son in law and a future son in law ( I think). 

One of our summer trips to a campground for a week with friends. This was several years ago, but the love shows.

Here is a photo of him taken in 2017 on a trip to Branson, Missouri. We had a great time on that trip and he would enjoy himself more if he would just take a few more trips. 



Here is a photo taken a couple of years ago when we were still riding horses. We have had a couple of extreme adventures with the horse back riding. 




I do love him even though he can be difficult to live with at times. 28 years have not always been fun but they have taught us to look beyond our faults and remember that love brought us here. 



Joining Sandra at Diary of A Stay At Home Mom to write a blog post each day for a year. I hope to succeed. 




Comments

  1. I’m glad i found your blog today. Many blessings. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 28 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 28 years! Congratulations! You are so beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos. And that's a long and wonderful lifetime achievement. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24