Tuesdays' Book Bag - Blog 365

 Good Tuesday Morning! How are you all today? I need a way to hold myself accountable for my reading and I find that it is easier if I do it here, so I will set this in motion. I know I won't update every Tuesday, but I intend to do every couple of weeks. 

Joining Sandra for Blog 365 has really encouraged me to keep up with my blog better and I am seeing more improvements in holding myself accountable for the things that I want to make happen this year. I am enjoying knowing that I need to plan to write daily and I am enjoying the challenge of finding things that I want to do and talk about. 


With all of that said, let's get to todays Book Bag. 


**** WHAT I AM READING****

I started a new series a couple of weeks ago and I am enjoying it thoroughly. It is the Trouble in Texas series by Mary Connealy and I am now on book 2 in the series. The book is titled Fired Up.


BLURB: Glynna Greer came west as a mail-order bride and ended up in a bad situation. Now her husband, Flint , is dead, and she's determined to make a go of it on her own. In a town full of men, Glynna decides she can support her two children by opening a diner- never mind that cooking is not her greatest talent.

Dare Riker is a doctor that saves lives, but someone seems determined to end his. It may have something to do with the traitors he dealt with during the Civil War, or it might be related to the recent incident with Flint  Greer and the ranch. Whoever the culprit is, he or she seems really fired up, and Dare can't let his guard down for a moment- which is a challenge, since right now he's trying to win the  heart of the recently widowed Glynna. 

Though his doctoring business is booming due to Glynnas' questionable cooking, Dare seems to encounter unexpected dangers wherever he goes. There's the avalanche. And the fire. And then the shadowy figure with a knife. Can Dare survive it all long enough to convince Glynna to take another chance on love?


**** WHAT I'LL READ NEXT****

Stuck Together - the third book and final, I believe, in this series. 



BLURB:

Now that she's settled in town, Tina Cahill is determined to get Broken Wheel's saloon closed for good. To that end, she pickets outside the place every afternoon. Unfortunately, so far no one has paid any attention. 

Vince Yates earned the nickname "Invincible Vince" because of his reputation for letting absolutely nothing stop him. But Vince is about to face his biggest challenge yet: his past has just caught up with him. His father, mother, and the sister he didn't know he had show up in Broken Wheel without warning. His father is still a schemer, His mother is showing signs of dementia. And his surprise sister quickly falls for one of Vince's best friends. Vince suddenly has a lot of people depending on his, and Tina doesn't approve of how he's handling any of them. 

With nearly every other man in town married off, Vince finds himself stuck with strong-willed Tina over and over again. OF course, Tina is the prettiest woman he's ever seen, so if he could just get her to give up her crazy causes, he might go ahead and propose. But he's got one more surprise coming his way: Tina's picketing at the saloon has revealed a dark secret that could put everyone Vince loves in danger. 


**** BOOKS THAT I HAVE GOTTEN THIS WEEK****

My daughter came down yesterday and brought a book for me to read that she recently read. It is Debbie Macomber's  Twelve Days of Christmas.



FIRST LINE:  Cain Maddox stepped into the elevator, and then just as the doors were about to closer he hears a woman call out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner