Friday Lunch #2 - Blog 365

 Hello! It's Friday morning, but I know what I am having for lunch so I am writing this early as I have several things to do today and may not have time to write at lunch. I started this last week and I want to try to make this a weekly post. 

Many bloggers talk about food and I know many struggle with what to make for a meal and I am hoping that maybe this will spark someone to try something new for lunch or even dinner, as today's lunch is leftovers from last nights' dinner. I tried a new recipe that my husband had sent me on messenger and was surprised that I actually liked it quite a bit. 

It was sweet and sour baked chicken. Prep time was about 30 minutes for me and it cooks for an hour. Not bad for the schedule. Most of our dinners usually require a good hour in the kitchen not including clean up. Clean up is fairly easy for this one as you cook on parchment paper, which means the pan you bake it in is not too dirty or hard to clean. I even used a disposable pan that I had in case it made a mess. The pan was saved though because it was not dirty. 

Here is the recipe:

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1? pieces
1 cup corn starch
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 325F and line a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
Set aside. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Add cornstarch to a large ziploc bag and add chicken breast. Shake to coat.
In a shallow bowl, beat together eggs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
Dip chicken breasts in eggs and add to the skillet. Sear chicken until golden and place in the prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and sea salt and whisk.
Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour, tossing halfway through.
Serve with rice.
#fridaylunch
#blog365
#chickenrecipe




Comments

  1. That looks good! Lunch at work yesterday was Thai noodles, not my favorite and I opted to not eat it. Glad I had my Luna bar and apple as that became my lunch. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24