My Favorite Homesteading Magazines _ Blog 365- Feb. 14, 2023

 Hello!  I am a small hobby farm owner and am interested in doing more homesteading in the future. We like to raise our own food and we are looking to live off grid a little more this year than in the past. I have been a fan of farm magazines and homesteading magazines for several years and I would like to share my favorites with you. 


1. Hobby Farms

      This magazine is great for beginners. I read this for several years before we started our hobby farm and I continue to read it today due to the amount of helpful information in it. Animals, gardening, and poultry information can all be found here. A subscription that includes bimonthly magazines can be purchased for $19.95 here.


2. Backwoods Home

     This is another one that is very helpful as a beginner. There are many resources in this magazine to help one learn to invest their money wisely in certain resources and how to avoid certain traps that are certain to come into your path on your search to living off grid. This magazines even offers way to get kids involved. There is information on poultry, livestock, gardening, tractors, farm equipment and many other things available. There are several options for subscribing and they can be found here. I still prefer a print copy of magazines, but I enjoy looking at this website as well. 


3.Mother Earth News

    I don't recommend this one for beginners as it is very complex and detailed in most of its articles. If you want detailed information on homesteading and off grid life, this is the place to look first. The articles in this are written by people that are actually living the lifestyle that they are talking about. It is a great magazine if you are interested in DIY projects around your farm or home. The cost of a subscription is $17.95 for a bimonthly magazine. It is well worth the money though. 


4.The New Pioneer

    This is a magazine that I just recently begun to look at online and I am enjoying it so I just placed an order for the print copy. I find that they offer advice on many different parts of homesteading and off grid living and offer recipes and helpful household hints as well. They say that they are the completely self sustaining lifestyle magazine and I feel that they may be right in having that honor. The worst part of this is that they only offer two magazines a year and the price is $14.97 and can be ordered here


These are just a few of the many available. There are also many blogs that you can read and learn more about this fascinating way of life. I will showcase some of them in a later post. Have a great day!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024