Happy Homemaker Monday - Feb. 27

 Can you believe that we are at the end of February? It seems impossible to me that February gone and we will soon be into March. I know we are having winds like spring is blowing in. Gusts up to 50mph today are expected and it seems as though they are happening now. 


Hop over to Diary of a Stay At Home Mom to learn more about Happy Homemaker Monday and to catch up with several of the bloggers that write these posts on a regular basis. Homemaking can be a skill, but it can be a deeper love for your family that you want your home clean and inviting for your family and your guests. 


*** THE WEATHER***

Windy, warm, rainy, sunny, and windy! That seems to be what most of our winter has been. By Wednesday, we will see temperatures in the 70's and yet, we may have snow on Friday. UGH!! I enjoy spring, but the temperature swings this year have been awful and we are not really out of winter yet. 


*** As I Look Out My Window***

I see things blowing across the yard. Leaves that have been left from fall, the tarp covering the wood stack is blowing in the wind, and the trees look like they could blow over any minute. Swaying side to side and some smaller ones look to almost be touching the ground at times. The sun is currently out, but it was raining hard about 2 minutes ago. 


*** Right Now I Am***

Writing this post and then I have mail to go through. I have so many things that I need to do and yet, I can't seem to find enough hours in the day. Let's just hope that the power does not go out.  Laundry and dinner are going as well, so I have a bit of a start on something. 


*** Thinking***

I am thinking of a family that lost a loved one last week to cancer. She was 27 years old and had fought the good fight for 5 months. She was my grand dolls' teacher the first week of school and then left due to being sick. It is hard for  6 and 7 year old kids to understand the depth of cancer. Many little prayers have gone up in the past few days. 


*** On My TV***

Television, a true waste of time. Yet, we all seem to take part in this waste and I am not an exception to the rule. Fire Country and Swat are on each Friday night.  BattleBots are a must see on Thursday. Other than that, I might watch an old episode of The Beverly Hillbillies or Andy Griffith.


***Listening To ***

My Jesus by Anne Wilson

Take Another Step by The Booth Brothers

Southern Baptist Hymns on Spotify


***On the Lunch Plate ***

I ran some errands this morning and so my daughter and I grabbed White Castle for lunch. I do love those little burgers.




***On The Dinner Plate***

Pork Shoulder Roast with herbed seasoning

Roasted Potatoes

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Rolls


*** On The Menu***

Tuesday: Sloppy Joes and French Fries

Wednesday: Meeting a friend

Thursday : Beef Stew

Friday: No idea


*** On My Reading Pile***

I hope to finish Fired Up by Mary Connealy today and I hope to start the next book in the series. I need to update Good Reads today and show the progress I have made. I have enjoyed reading a lot lately and I have books that I hate to put down. 


*** On My To Do List***

Pink Zebra posts, plan game night, get ready for next week's craft fair

Sweep and mop dining room and kitchen

Clean bathroom

Vacuum and Dust living room and bedrooms

Clean the kitchen

Take care of animals

Work on a plan for where to begin my seed starts

Help grand doll with selling geraniums for 4H

Reenroll granddoll in school for next year

transplant lavender to a larger pot

write a post about out newest members to the farm


*** Crafting***

Nothing at the moment, but I need to find the time to start my next diamond art painting 

I need to work on my showcase for some of my products to take to craft shows


*** Looking Around ***

I see a mess from being gone most of the weekend. I see a calendar that needs updated, and all the dust that has accumulated in a few days. I see living in the country with animals, kids, and a husband. 


*** From The Camera***

Merecedes, our Great Dane.

*** Prayer List***
The family of my granddolls' teacher that passed.
The students that have had her or had her just the short time this year that are struggling with the loss.
Parents explaining cancer and death to a child
My friends and family

*** Bible Verse or Devotion ***



Show yourself friendly today! Be kind to one another. 




Comments

  1. Hope your power stays on. Our windy day blew away all the clouds and now it's settled into a warm sunny one over here. I'll take it! How heartbreaking about the teacher, so young. Prayers for her family and all those kids. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is windy and nasty here again. It was heartbreaking about the teacher.

      Delete
  2. Your windy weather blew this way last night. We awoke to my garden straw hat stuck in the fence, all yard chairs upside down and a watering jug way down the driveway.

    So sorry to hear of your friend's fight with cancer. She was close to the age of my son and that is just too young for that to happen. I will pray for her family.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was young. She was the same age as my youngest daughter.

      Delete
  3. Such a young person ((hugs)). Enjoyed your post. Have a great rest of the week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24