Ash Wednesday

 Do you know today is Ash Wednesday? I was not aware of it until I heard someone say it earlier today. I actually realized that I was not sure of what Ash Wednesday even was so I looked it up and here is what I found. 


Ash Wednesday

Holy Day
Ash Wednesday is a holy day of prayer and fasting in many Western Christian denominations. It is preceded by Shrove Tuesday and falls on the first day of Lent. It is observed by Catholics in the Roman Rite, Lutherans, Moravians, Anglicans, Methodists, Nazarenes, as well as by some churches in the Reformed tradition.

It is a period of time to prepare for Easter Sunday and it is 46 days before Easter Sunday. As a Christian, I have observed Good Friday and Easter, but never Lent or Ash Wednesday. I am thankful to be aware of what it is, but I don't feel as though I need to prepare for Easter. I pray daily and I know that the day that Christ rose is on it's way. I am sure for many it is a huge day, but not so much for myself. 


Do you celebrate today and what will you do between now and Easter?


Blog 365

Comments

  1. I knew it was Ash Wednesday, I am Catholic but don't really observe
    The fasting etc -christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I dd know. And we have had the ash crosses on our foreheads as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24