Rainy Tuesday

 After the weatherman predicted us to have a bit of ice this morning, we woke to warmer temperatures and plenty of rain, which equals plenty of mud! The farm is completely a muddy, wet mess! With the snow that we had, which is now melted and the rain we are having, everywhere you step is mud.

I am thankful for the warmer weather, and we are supposed to see a break in the rain later today, which I am thankful for as well. I am sure that the animals will be more than glad to see their water bowls unfrozen and not waiting for me to bring fresh water out again. The cold caused us to lose a duck and a quail, but overall, I am impressed with the livestock. Truthfully, we are not sure what caused either one to pass, but we did lose them. 

This is a Google image, but it is how our yard looks. This is how the pastures, and the uncovered chicken runs look. We only have one uncovered, so that is something to be thankful for. 

I am glad that our Muscovy ducks are doing well. I really enjoy watching them throughout the day. I like watching them play in the water as we fill their pool when the weather is warmer. I hope to get more of these this spring.




I want to wish each of you a warm and safe day. From our hobby farm to your home. 

Comments

  1. Yucky mud.... Our backyard is pretty "swampy" too. I'm so glad for a break in the weather. I do love your hobby farm and all the critters.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry for this loss. And all that icky mud! Hopefully the sun will shine for quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Sorry about your loss. I hope you have dry and sunny weather soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24