Book Beginings and Friday 56- Jan. 26,2024

  Good morning readers! Welcome to my Friday post where I link with Gilion at Rose City Reader to share in the Book Beginnings challenge. To go along with this, I also link with Anne over at My Head Is Full Of Books to participate in the Friday 56 Challenge. 


For the book beginnings challenge, readers e to put the first sentence or two of a book that they are reading or one that has caught their eye. This week, my book is Love Finds You in Maiden, North Carolina by Tamela Hancock Murray.

"Hestia Myatt paused before knocking on the door of her aunt's Victorian home situated in the foothills of the Appalachians in Maiden, North Carolina."

💟

For the Friday 56 challenge, readers share a snippet of page 56 or 56% of the book. I always choose page 56 if at all possible. 

"It just means copacetic, Auntie," 

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I had no idea as to what copacetic meant. This book is set in the 20's and I am not sure if that word was widely used then or not, but I don't believe that it is today.

I am not too far into this book yet, but I am willing to bet that it is well worth a read. I am sure that I will find it to be just as interesting as the other books that I have read in January. For all of the readers out there, I hope you find time this weekend to pick up a good book, your favorite drink and find a comfy chair to spend some time in to read a good book. 


Comments

  1. Copasetic used to be used all the time. But for some reason it has fallen out of favor. I haven't thought of it in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copasetic is a word I think we used to use in high school which meant, the way we used the used, as acceptable or very good. People who got along well were copasetic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24