Book Beginnings and Some Random Reading Updates

 I have been reading many blogs that are participating in the Book Beginnings by Rose City Reader and I have decided that I will do the same here and I will try my best to remember to do this every Friday. This challenge is that you post the first line of a book, along with title and author and your first thoughts about the book. 

Red was the last color, the very last. That's what Dr. Edmonds was saying.  This line comes from Just Once by Karen Kingsbury.  Here is an affiliate link in case you want to purchase the book and aid our family just a bit in the process. 


Karen is my favorite author and I have read most of her books, but with the title of the book and this first line, I would truly wonder how it fit into the story. Knowing what the book is about though, the first line says a lot. It truly is part of a diagnosis that many people hear in a years' time. 



The Friday 56 is a natural tie-in with Book Beginnings. The idea is to share a two-sentence teaser from page 56 of your featured book. If you are reading an ebook or audiobook, find your teaser from the 56% mark.

Anne over at My Head Is Full Of Books is the host of this and such it fits so well with the Book Beginnings, I will share this as well today. 

" Speaking of Irvel" ..., A nervous look came over Sam. He wrung his hands together for a moment. " She, us .. she and I have a few classes together." 

Of course, from the same book. I am greatly enjoying this book and I am now on page 125. I hope to be able to finish it this weekend and move onto my next book. 

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever read a book by this author and I really should read one! I usually read mysteries and love reading the series that stay with the same characters. Thanks for a good review! Happy new year and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, her Baxter series are not mysteries, but it is a fabulous series and carries an entire family through the series.

      Delete
  2. My maiden name is Kingsbury and I keep thinking I should read one of Karen's books for that reason. Perhaps a better reason is that the books are good!

    Happy New Year and thanks for joining the Friday56 fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! You should read one of her books. I have never found one that I did not like.

      Delete
  3. I have a couple of Karen Kingsbury's books on my TBR, but I haven't read them yet. I like that this one is set during World War II. I will have to look for it. I am glad you are enjoying it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is an excellent author and I love to read anything she has written.

      Delete
  4. I'm not familiar with Book Beginnings, but I'll look for it. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24