Book Beginnings and Friday 56- Jan. 19 -

 Good morning readers! Welcome to my Friday post where I link with Gilion at Rose City Reader to share in the Book Beginnings challenge. To go along with this, I also link with Anne over at My Head Is Full Of Books to participate in the Friday 56 Challenge. 


This week I am reading Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble. You can purchase the book here, if you would like to read it. ( I use the money I make from the Amazon affiliate program to purchase feed and other supplies for the animals we raise here. Any small purchase is a help.)


" Miles of empty road stretched ahead of her." This opening line could lead the story anywhere I guess, but Colleen does a great job with working it into a magnificent story. 


Friday 56

RULES:

*Grab a book, any book
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
(If you want to improvise, go ahead!)
*Find a snippet, but no spoilers!

" She cringed at the thought of telling Jack about Tucker. There were enough wrinkles in this problem without the man adding another one."

It seems that Shannon's new life may be full of surprises and possibly a few people that she would rather never see again. 


Comments

  1. I like the author C. Coble and haven't read her books in awhile. I've been reading mysteries but need something lighter this weekend. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read anything by her in a very long time. Have a great weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about the cover woman's eyes. Hmm...they look a little 'devilish' to me. I bet that was unintentional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed that the woman pictured on here is not the same picture on my book. It is the same person, but she is wearing a cowboy hat on the cover of my book

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a good one! I haven't read anything by Colleen Coble, but hopefully someday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24