A Gray Day and A Reading Update

 Today has been a very gray day here and that makes me just not want to do anything. It looks as though we may have snow, with very little accumulation tonight or tomorrow. There could be another weak system coming through that will just barely hit our area over the weekend. As long as it is not slick, I am fine with a bit of snow. I wish the sun would shine as that is the worst part of the winter season for me. I truly don't mind the snow or even the cold.

My kids made it home safely from Florida yesterday and a good time seemed to be had by all. I am thankful that they are home and safe. I love to travel, but with the way people drive these days, it always makes me worry when they are on the road. Our son-in-law is a truck driver, so he is much more aware of what occurs on the road. My daughter is an excellent driver, but I worry about the other drivers and not her. 

Our chicken coop needs a good cleaning so I am hoping that tomorrow, I can manage to get out there and clean it. We need new bedding put in as well and the barn still needs straw. I might get both completed tomorrow if it doesn't snow or get too cold. It seems that the work is harder in the winter. 



Chickens still require as much work in the winter as in the summer. The water can become more of an issue at times and cleaning the coop certainly becomes more of a chore. We leave a light on for part of the day for them, so it seems that they stay in the coop longer and that makes a bigger mess to be cleaned. Our egg production is still great though, so the light must be helping with that.

 In other news, I am happy to say that I am on page 100 of Just Once by Karen Kingsbury. I have also started the Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner for the reading challenge that Tea and Ink Society is hosting. I love the idea of reading classics through the year and the fact that this month is a book that you have previously read makes it even better. I promised that I would write an update and so I have just included it with today's post.


Comments

  1. The Boxcar Children -- oh my! I haven't read that in years. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24