Happy Homemaker - Jan. 21,2024

 It's Monday again and it is still cold here, but a warmup is coming. We are to be above freezing this week most of the week. Lots of rain predicted, which we don't need. I will take it over the bitter cold though. I think it is predicted to be almost 50 degrees F this week for a day or two. 

Each Monday, I link up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom to participate with other bloggers in her Happy Homemaker Monday. It is a place to share our week with other bloggers that are happy to be homemakers and enjoying the time they can care for the home and make it nice for their families. There is a stigma associated sometimes with women who choose to care for the home instead of working a job, but I am here to say it is one of the best choices anyone could make. It is a chance to care for your family and show your love for them in a way that many children know nothing about these days. 

The Weather...

Like I said, it is getting warmer, and rain is predicted most of the week. It is nice to have warmer temperatures since life on the farm is much harder when it is below zero most mornings. 

Right Now, I Am....

Sitting at my desk writing this blog post and drinking a cup of coffee. I am enjoying the Green Mountain Blueberry coffee. It is one of my favorites at the moment. 

Thinking and Pondering...

How life takes such fast changes when it comes to the health of our parents, selves, and friends. I just recently learned that a friend had an abnormal mammogram, and she is due to have a biopsy next Monday. I have mine tomorrow and it makes it scarier to think that she seems very healthy and then gets hit with this news. Another friend has dealt with rectal cancer this year and she has struggled with treatment. It seems that health scares come at the times that you least expect them, and it is usually worse than you can ever imagine.

How I Am Feeling....

Rather nervous about my mammogram and bone density scan tomorrow. I am sure that they will be clear, but I am nervous. I am sure the arthritis in my neck is worse than it was 2 years ago. I am thankful that I know God is in control though. I am also thankful for the warmer weather. We have to be positive in our thoughts or life could be a very long, dark road. 

On the Breakfast Plate ....

Probably toast with apple butter as I am going shopping with my daughter today. 

On the Lunch Plate ...

Not sure, since we will be out, I am thinking it may be chicken nuggets from Chic- Fil-A as I have been craving them recently. 

On the Dinner Plate ...

Cornish Hens with veggies and rolls

On The Menu ...

No idea as I have not worked on it yet this week. My husband does not like for me to plan meals, but I usually do anyway. I don't like the fly by the seat of your pants idea. 

What I am Wearing ...

Jeans and a sweater. Since we are going grocery shopping, I decided I would wear a sweater today as they look nicer than a sweatshirt. 

On My Reading Pile ...

1. Do It Anyway Girl by Michelle Cunningham. I am reading it as encouragement and ideas for my Pink Zebra business. 

2. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner for the Classic Challenge at Tea and Ink Society

3. Love Finds you in Maiden North Carolina by Tamela Hancock Murray

The roaring twenties come to a small town. At a time when most American girls are dreaming of bobbed hair and flapper dresses, Hestia Myatt dreams only of becoming a doctor. Stinging from a broken engagement, she heads for the quiet hills of Maiden, North Carolina, to care for an ailing aunt. While there, Hestia becomes reacquainted with her former childhood nemesis, the now - handsome Booth Barrington. Things are going well for her until a glamorous cousin, Selene, arrives from New York under mysterious circumstance and begins to make Hestia feel hopelessly behind the times. Will Hestia be tempted to embrace the lifestyle of her cousin, who can talk of nothing bur speakeasies and wild parties? Or will Hestia's maidenly influence convince Selene to give up her worldly ways?

It is not the type of book, I would normally read, but I think it will be a good story. 

On My TV This Week ...

Tuesday we will watch Moonshiners as my husband likes it and I like to watch some episodes of Homestead Rescue.

Looking Around the House ...

Overall, not bad. There is mail that needs to be moved and looked at, but I will do that today. 

To Do List ...

Laundry

Blog posts

Grocery

Work

Pink Zebra business

Post Office

Deliver PZ orders

Housework Daily

From Camera ....

none this week

Devotional Prayers, and Bible Verses ...

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)

This spoke to me as I feel so many times our words that we speak to others is not acceptable to God. 

Comments

  1. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow! I find planning meals very helpful even if there are days we aren't in the mood for what I planned, means there's always at least the basics of a meal at hand. Bet your husband would change his tune if he was cooking them? Ha. I don't know maybe he does cook them? Hope you enjoy your shopping day and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting to have tests, and then for the results is so hard and stressful! Please let us know how yours turn out! I got called back once, for a second mammogram, and was so upset. But it turned out to be nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful catch up. You're right about how suddenly things can change. I hope everything goes well with your mammogram and you don't have to wait long for the results.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024