Book Review: Frontier Follies: Adventures in Marriage and Motherhood in the Middle of Nowhere

 

by 
U 50x66
's review
 ·  edit

it was amazing

Ree Drummond, known to most of us as The Pioneer Woman offers a look into her family and life on the ranch. Born and raised in the city, life is now much different than it was as she was growing up. She lives about an hour drive from any major store and has raised children as her husband, Ladd, raised cattle.

Ree offers a rather humor filled look into her life as a young wife, an older wife, and a mom as well all while talking about her life on a ranch with cowboys and cattle. She shares some embarrassing moments as well as just a look into exactly how she lives her life outside of filming her TV cooking show, writing cookbooks, and all the other projects she has in the works.

She talks about kids, her husband, animals, cowboys, food, and many other subjects that many of us women deal with in our lifetime.

I feel that this book was 5 stars because it kept me interested and it was easy to read. I would recommend it to any wife, mom, or female.





READING PROGRESS

January 9, 2024 – Started Reading
January 9, 2024 – Shelved
January 9, 2024 – 
page 182
 
 51.7%
January 10, 2024 – Finished Reading



Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I love Ree Drummond, and painted and decorated my entire kitchen with her things and colors. I had been wondering if her book was good, and now I know. I will keep an eye out for it. do you watch her shows? I have them all set to tape, and have made many of her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. I have made some of her recipes as well and my kitchen has quite a few things of hers as well. I got a nice skillet for Christmas from my daughter that was from her collection.

      Delete
  2. This would be interesting. I enjoy her and I'm sure I'd like to know more about her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24