Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe - Keto Meal

HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN

 As I was looking for Keto recipes, I came across one on Pinterest for Honey Garlic Chicken. I read the recipe and decided to try it, but to adjust the recipe a bit to make it more to our liking. I will say it was good, but not my favorite meal. My husband loved it though and it is going into our recipe collection of foods to work into our menu when we need something easy and a little different.

Most of the ingredients are items that most cooks will have in the kitchen pantry and so there is no real need to go to the store. I try to limit my trips to the grocery since we live farther away from the store. I try to limit recipes that involves ingredients that we would not normally have on hand as well. If those ingredients are items that are specialty for just one recipe, I will generally try to exchange them for something else or find a way to use them in more than one recipe.

PREP TIME: 10 minutes

COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 pounds cubed pork

1 1/2 teaspoon minced onion

2 teaspoons of garlic powder

3 teaspoons paprika

2 teaspoons black pepper

1 teaspoon seasoned salt

4 tablespoons sugar free honey

3 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic

4 tablespoons butter

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Instructions

  1. Season the pork with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and seasoned salt. I placed ingredients into a Ziplok bag and tossed to coat well.
  2. Melt butter into large skillet over medium heat.
  3. Add pork to skillet, and sear on all sides until nearly cooked.
  4. Mix in garlic, honey, and add lemon juice to pork.
  5. Stir, sauté, and let cook over medium heat about 10 minutes.

2 carbs per serving

195 calories

I suggest serving this with cauliflower rice and a low carb vegetable. Delicious meal and a nice addition to the weekly menu plan.

Comments

  1. Carol,
    Sounds great and something that my family would definitely enjoy!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Have a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! So how far do you live from any stores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good with sugar free honey. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy but I think that I would use the chicken instead of pork. We really don't eat much pork. But I will have to give this a try. Always looking for more recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24