Welcome 2020

10 hours and 41 minutes ago, we welcomed a new year and new decade! 2020- seems like such a difference than just changing one number at the end of the year as normal. This is also leap year, so there is an extra day on the calendar- Feb. 29. What will you do with this new year?

Will you make or have you made resolutions? I do not as I feel it is just a way that you allow yourself to let yourself down. Instead, I focus on what is important to me and how I want to change things in my life. I make plans, because plans are allowed to change. My biggest plan this year is that I want to do more with the grand doll, my husband and my friends. I love to travel and there are places both near and far that I want to go. I am going to try to plan a small trip each month. It may only be a day trip or one or two days, but I plan to go more and spend more time doing small things that I want to do.

The farm needs some changes as well and this is the year that I want to change some things. We need to work on more pasture room and we need to work on making the farm a little more manageable. As I was looking out the window yesterday, I realized just how much did not get completed last year and I want to change some of that. There are plenty of things that can be picked up, cages that have not been put where they go, etc. There is trash lying around that needed to be burnt or gotten rid of from several years ago, that need to go. We spend a lot of wasted time doing things that mean nothing and I intend to change that. 

One big change that I want to make is that I want to attempt to walk everyday. I know sometimes the weather will not cooperate, but I plan to work on getting in a small walk each day. This morning as I woke up late, the sun was brilliantly shining through the front window and I was so happy when I walked into the front room. I immediately slipped my house shoes on and went out onto the porch. As I stood there, I noticed our bench that my husband had made for me and I never got painted or varnished last fall so the color has faded on it. It was sitting in the yard as it is rather large for my front porch, but it could be placed on the back porch if I would just do a little rearranging, so I will do that today. However, I decided that it was chilly out, but not horrible. I came in and put my tennis shoes on, slipped my jacket on, and went to the bench. I sat down and just enjoyed a moment of time in the sun. Said a prayer for my friends and walked back into the house. Fresh air, a talk with God, and a moment of peace and sunshine- what  a way to begin a day!


I hope that whatever the new year brings to you, you face it with dignity and grace. May God Bless each of you this year and may this be the best year you have ever had. Happy New Year from Slatersfunnyfarm!!

Comments

  1. You sure know how to start the day right! I hope you get most of the things done that you want to do. For some reason, I cannot see your pictures! I am hoping you snapped the bench, I would love to see it. I will be returning later to look again! I'll let you know if I can see them. Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used photos from Pixabay on this post. I will snap a photo of the bench today and post tomorrow. I can email it, if you want to contact me and tell me too.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Thank you for always supporting me and my blog :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do a word and that is my focus. This year it is HOME. Meaning my physical home and cottage as well as ME (body, mind and soul). Decluttering, completing, purging things, staying healthy and creative. We should all be in for a good year, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another blogger shared a website with readers yesterday and I read a bit about it and I now have a word that I want to focus on as well. Mine is patience!
      https://oneword365.com

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24