Happy Homemaker - On The Farm - Jan. 13,2020

Good Morning! I am thrilled to once again be linking up to the Happy Homemaker series that Sandra hosts here.  Each Monday morning you can find that several bloggers write and link to her post. We would love for you to join us, if you please!

The weather...

  It is colder today than some of the weather we have had in the past week. However, the forecast calls for warmer days ahead. It seems that our weather is bi-polar as it changes from one extreme to another. It is nicer than January normally is though. 


How I am feeling this morning...

 Tired as I did not sleep well and the dog woke me up again to go out earlier than I was wanting to be up. I was hoping to sleep until 7 a.m. since I did not sleep well. 


On my mind...

There are several people on my mind that I know are struggling currently with both health issues and personal issues. Also, my husband has complained that his neck is hurting and nothing seems to help it. I hope that it is not something else with his back. 


On the breakfast plate...
 I truly don't know what breakfast will be today. I may have oatmeal and some fruit since it is colder this morning. 

On my reading pile...

 I just finished one book, which I am currently writing a post about. I am going to start Shadows of the Past by Patricia Bradley today. It is a different genre of writing than I have been reading lately, but I believe that I will enjoy it. I actually won this book from Colletta. I am excited to finally start it. 

On my tv...

There is nothing on the television currently. I know when my husband gets up, we will have the news on. He is like his mother and must watch it everyday. I personally like The Today Show, but he likes other stations. I usually read while it is on as I don't think the news does a good job these days. 

On the menu this week...

Monday - Ham, Cheesy Cauliflower, Peas
Tuesday - Bean Soup and Cornbread
Wed. Low Carb Stuffed Peppers, Broccoli
Thurs. - Hamburger Soup ( a new low carb recipe that I found)
Fri. - Marinated Pork Roast, Cauliflower Hash, Green Beans

From the camera...
A photo taken last summer or early fall of my husband and I riding horses. He had just gotten this horse. Sam and Sugar are both good horses. 

Looking around the house...

I am fairly impressed with myself. Most of the daily clutter that gets left out was not left last night. I made sure to pick up before bed and it certainly shows. I have decided that I should write a blog entitled " The Dirt Never Leaves" because anyone that is a homemaker knows that is true. 

Chore I'm not looking forward to today or this week...

Cleaning the chicken coop and cleaning the tops of my cabinets in the kitchen. Both jobs are dirty and a real chore. 

To relax this week, I will...

Read and blog. I enjoy both. I also may go visit with my daughter and a friend for a day or two. 

On my prayer list...

There are so many needs currently on my mind. I feel bad when I pray because I feel that I am asking God for so much and praising Him for so little these days. 
* My friend Libby who is truly struggling with some health issues these days. 
* A dear friend, Joe, who has struggled with an addiction and is in a dark place right now that I fear may lead to a break. 
* My husband and the neck issue he is having
* My daughter's boss who is scheduled to have surgery on her wrists this week. Also, the bosses daughter, who has been very ill. 
* My children for guidance in their lives. 
* The politicians who need to work together. 
* Peace 
* Forgiveness 

Devotional/Bible Verse ...

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
John 1:1 (KJV)

Comments

  1. What a great picture of you and your husband on the horses. I love reading day to day stuff like this. Do you ever watch The Amazing Dr. Pol? It is a reality show about a vet in Wisconsin who has over 17,000 patients. He works on a lot of farm animals, but also pets. I bet you would like it. I believe it is on animal Planet and Nat Geo wild. I need to start planning dinners a week at a time, like this! I did it for years when we were first married, but not now. It would save a lot of time. Now I just go to the grocery store every few days and look around. I feel bad as well, asking god for so many prayer requests!! I also pray a lot of thanks as well, but still..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have seen The Amazing Dr. Pol and I do like it. I love animals and farm life.

      Delete
  2. Yes, there is so much to be thankful for and so many heart aches that come along with Life.
    The Lord says to ask anything and I do...
    I really haven't figured out what dinner will be tonight...since Dave and I have been down with miserable colds...nothing tastes good and it's all such an effort to fix...
    The weather here in the Sacramento Valley is chilly and trying hard to rain. I wish it would do it...we need the rain and the snow for our reseviors.
    Have a great day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did not stick with my menu as we had left over ham last night and tonight we are having pork roast and turnips and my husband's aunt brought us a bunch of them and I need to fix them.

      Delete
  3. I love the photo of you and your husband on the horses! It is worthy of a frame!
    Critter chores seem far away these days. I will need to get up and clean this bedroom tomorrow. I’m a bit afraid of walking through the rest of the house.....the last time I did that this afternoon it made me cry. Louis Dean tries hard but he is no homemaker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take your time in doing that housework. I know it can be overwhelming when left, but you know your limits and do not overwork yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo! Cleaning the tops of the kitchen cabinets, there's a true chore and something I definitely don't do often enough. We have a gas stove so I'm sure there's a huge layer of grime on top of ours. Hope you do something to relax after tackling those two chores! Have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the photo - so quaint! We don't watch the news here as we truly find it one sided ALL the time and the side depends on which station you have on! I always do the tops of the counters in November as I'm preparing for the holidays - so I'm glad to have that chore over with for now. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24