Reading Report - The Making Of A Wonderful Life - Joyous Journey

For 2020, I am going to attempt to write about each book that I read. It will be an online journal of sorts and a way to keep track of what I read. I have finished my first book of the year and I loved it!

If you are interested in reading this and helping earn me a little money from it, please visit here

Cherie and her husband Roger and their family visited our church many times in the 80's and I became friends with their son, Buddy. We were lucky enough to visit their home in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and were invited to stay there once while they were traveling. I asked for this for Christmas and my husband told me to order it. 

This is the second of books in her triology of their life as evangelists. Her third book is now out and it is about their mission work in Albania. I will be ordering it soon and reading it as well. Her first book covers their first years of marriage and life. This particular book covers the time they traveled as a family and was the time that I met them and grew to love them. 

If you do not know them, this book would still be a pleasant read. If you ever heard them sing, heard Roger preach or just met them along their travels, you will enjoy the book as well. I knew many of the stories that were in this book, but I still enjoyed each page of it. 

While traveling, the group encountered many of God's servants that were tremendous aids in their journey. They eventually changed group names as the group changed from their daughter Cindy getting married and leaving the group to Cherie finally retiring from the road. Other members that joined them were Paul Lancaster, Ken Harvey, Joel Higgins, and a few others. Buddy currently works with Hope For The World along with his parents and his wife. He also sings with his children and his wife.


Comments

  1. What a great idea to journal about your reading journey. They sound like really great people and I bet the books are a good read. I wish I had more time to read right now but hope that time happens this year sometime. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray that it does too. I try to carve out 15-30 minutes a day to read usually right before bed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner