A Merry Heart or A Broken Spirit


One of my plans for the new year is to spend more time in my Bible. Now, I know there are many versions of the Bible and whichever one you choose to use, is okay with me, but I prefer my King James Version. It is the same Bible that I have been taught from since I was little and I don't care to change.

I currently am using the online version most days as it is easier to look at before or after I blog. I certainly needed this verse today! Amazing how God knows what we need before we do! My spirit has been broken for awhile now and I want to change that. I am feeling stressed and unhappy in many aspects of my life and even to the point of resenting some of my loved ones, so I have felt dry and non caring, but I do not want to be that way. This morning, almost as soon as I got up, I started dreading the day because I have the grand doll and she has been a little hard to deal with lately and I have not enjoyed her being here as much. I started to think how much I truly did not want to have her for almost 10 hours today and I was already thinking about how I did not want to cook three meals today for my husband.

I happened to open my Bible study first and here were these words. I needed God's medicine- spiritual medicine- to see that I need a merry heart instead of the broken spirit. If I can work on changing my attitude and heal my broken spirit then I will be in a good spot again. I need to concentrate on the positive in my life and allow God to work in my life and spirit. I immediately wondered what I could do to change my attitude a bit about her being here and thought of how much love I have for her. We are the ones that set the tone of the day for the most part and I just need to get her sidetracked onto something else when she is being bad instead of constantly wanting her to change.

Also, I need to find a way to realize that I am doing what God wants from a wife when I am cooking and cleaning. I just have to find a way to make it more enjoyable for me. I enjoy cooking , but it seems as though it is such a chore these days. Probably because I am constantly trying to multi task and I can't take the time I need to cook and have fun with it. I will change that! Some responsibilities are going to have to go to someone else. My husband is going to have to do a little more around here and take a little more responsibility for his own stuff.

Listening to Christmas carols and my gospel music makes my heart merry and it is on my playlist, but I rarely ever listen to it. Why, I feel as though, I should just be going through my day without doing something I enjoy, but why? I am planning a time that I can read today and while I am doing my chores, I will have my phone with me and listening to my inspiration.

What will make your heart merry? Are you taking the time to do for yourself? Is your spirit broken? Rest assured that God knows it is and has given you the resources to help heal your spirit and lift it to glorify Him.

Comments

  1. First thing I do when I wake up in the morning (after getting out of bed, of course) is to put on The Message and listen to inspirational music all day while I am completely me to-do list.

    You are in my prayers that you will be immeasurable joy in the small things and daily tasks!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful idea, but with having a four year old every day (M-F) I am unable to do that. I usually am busy playing games or watching cartoons or playing house or teaching preschool stuff. I have to do the stuff in small windows of opportunity or later at night.

      Delete
  2. Grandchildren can be hard on us. At times, all we want is to have a few minutes of peace and quiet. And the more it goes on, the more stressed we can get. I sure know why God does not give children to older ladies!! You seem so overworked. We have to take care of ourselves first, or everything suffers. I think that every day we need to take the time to do something just for us. It doesn't matter what translation of the bible you read, as long as you READ it. God's word transcends every language. This is a great plan for the New Year! Do you use Bible Gateway online? It is a really good resource, as it has bible, commentaries, and other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of Bible Gateway, but I will check it out. I am very overworked but I intend to make some time for myself.

      Delete
  3. It is so important to take some time for yourself. I am so busy with work and I have to make sure I am getting that me time.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that no one cares about me time around here. My husband is a workaholic and thinks if the sun is up, you need to be working. Plus, the farm chores are left to me because he is working.

      Delete
  4. It’s hard to do everything we need to do and then all the extras! I start every day with coffee in bed and prayer and praise time. I try to spend time with my children and grandchildren throughout the year but I’m grateful I’m not on a weekly basis anymore. I’m beginning to feel my age....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough doing it on a weekly basis. I love her, but she is into wanting more and more of my time and I need some me time.

      Delete
  5. I love this verse! It has gotten my family thru many trying times. I also read the KJV! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024