Happy Homemaker Monday - On The Farm - Jan. 6, 2020

Here we are in a new year and I am already behind, but I had a nice visit with my daughter yesterday and I am happy to say that I enjoyed my day. However, that did not leave time for writing, reading, housework, or the many things that needed to be completed yesterday.

I am happy to see the Sandra has continued this into the new year and excited to see a few changes made. If you are not aware of exactly what Happy Homemaker Monday is, please visit Sandra. She has thankfully put some work into this and makes it a fun way to start my Monday.




The weather...

   Our weather is absolutely beautiful right now. I believe we are to have some rain later today, but our temperatures have been so nice for this time of the year and we have not had snow and that is unusual for January. 

How I am feeling this morning...
   I feel okay today. I have a lot that needs to be done and I will certainly be busy, but thankfully I do not have the grand doll today so I might get something accomplished.


On my mind...
   I am carrying a burden on my mind today. A family from my daughter's 4H group lost their father yesterday in a horrible accident while he and his son were trying to fix a well. I will certainly be thinking of them today.


On the breakfast plate...
   I believe it will be sausage and French toast. I will not eat for a bit though as I am truly not a breakfast fan, but I will make it for my husband and I am sure I will try the sausage.


On my reading pile...

   I will be finishing " The Making of A Wonderful Life". It is a very good book written by a family friend about the time that her and her children traveled with her husband across the United States and other places being a family in evangelism. It is written by Cherie Mullins.


On my tv...
   I didn't watch much tv the last few days. I believe that "My Big, Fat, Fabulous Life" returns tonight, so I will record it so that I can watch it. January is usually a month where I find that there  are not many shows on. I am happily awaiting "Criminal Minds" on Wednesday, although I hate that it is the last season.


On the menu this week...
   I have not been shopping so I am not sure what the week will bring. I usually have a nice pantry stock, but I am working on low carb for my husband to help with his diabetes, so the menu and list of supplies are changing.


From the camera...

This sign is a good representation of how I feel most mornings. I had to add it to my wall above my coffee bar. 



Looking around the house...

   I am happy to say that for the most part it is clean and organized. I have some work to do in both bedrooms and I will need to sweep, vacuum, and dust today as those are everyday chores since we have dogs and wood heat.


Chore I'm not looking forward to today or this week...

   Going to the grocery store for my father in law and myself and paying bills. I do not know anyone that likes to pay bills.


To relax this week, I will...
   Finish reading my book and begin another one. I  will also work on the grand doll's quilt some more. As long as the weather is decent, I might even take a nice walk today.


On my prayer list...

   * The Abney Family ( the family involved in the tragic well accident)
   * my children and their fiancés
   * my mother in law ( truly having some real health issues)
   * world peace



Devotional/Bible Verse ...
   “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
 
Philippians 4:13 (KJV)


   This is from the online Bible that I am reading daily and what an appropriate verse for the day as I am going to be calling young adults and speaking with them about the loss of their father. 

Comments

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about the accident and the young people having to deal with the loss of their father. I have prayed for the family.

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for the family in their time of loss. Can't imagine. Does part of the book your reading take place in South Dakota? I think there may be an add for it airing on our local TV. Also, that coffee sign is great & how I feel most mornings. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. No, I don't believe any of the book takes place in South Dakota. The family is not from there or currently living their either. I am not sure why it would be on television there, but if it is a Christian program, it might be.

      Delete
  3. So sad for that family.
    Have a Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awful to hear about the accident and the loss of their father. Prayers for the family!

    I love my coffee too lol And yes, paying bills is definitely not my favorite thing to do.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about this awful accident! Just horrible, and even worse being as it was unexpected. I just love your coffee sign! Where did you get it? I just finished a cup myself, with foam and cinnamon/sugar on top. It is snowing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I am so thankful that it is warm here and not snowing. The accident is horrible and a good family is shaken to its core. I got the sign for Christmas from my mom, but I believe it came from The Dollar Tree.

      Delete
  6. It seems there's so much heart ache in the world.
    We have lost a very dear friend this week too. Very sudden, he was only 53 and living in Mexico with his family, being missionaries for Reach Baja.
    so sad.
    After the fog this morning it is quite lovely and sunny. The birds are having a good time poking at the bugs in our lawn.
    Just finished my 2nd cup of coffee and need to get started on a few Chores.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the second loss we have heard of in four days. Another dear lady passed due to cancer.

      Delete
  7. So sorry for this family involved in the accident. I will join you in prayer. I love this verse Philippians 4:13 and repeat it often, it has gotten me thru some really tough times. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for remembering the family in your prayers.

      Delete
  8. Prayers over the Abney family and all your other prayers requests, too. Blessings for a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm running quite a bit behind visiting this week. I enjoyed catching up on your HHM post. I'm keeping that poor family in my prayers after such a tragic accident. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024