Christmas Take Down Begins

As many of the other bloggers here, I have begun Operation Christmas Take Down. It really is a day that I dread, but I also am glad to see the tree go out and my window to open up once again.
I am partial to my large window that looks into the yard and faces the road, although you are unable to see it when the leaves are on. The woods in the front are beautiful when we get a little snow. The tree always sits in front of the window because it is the only window in the living room. I like to see the lights when we come in at night, but I truly do enjoy the light that comes in this window as well. 

I always start with the tree when Operation Take Down begins as it is one of the largest projects. The lights, ornaments, tree skirt, and tree stand is step one. Step two is the stockings and the Christmas table covers that I have out. I place all of that into an older suitcase so that it is easy to locate when the season comes again. The stocking hanger and the large light up Drummer Boy are the next things to be taken down and put away. 

I did not to the pictures and greenery today or the snowmen that sit around my living room. The snowmen that are in the curio cabinet will remain till closer to the end of January. I will then replace them with my collection of cows or something farm related. The stuffed and musical snowmen will be put away tomorrow and once I find the Valentines cups, the coffee bar will be ready for the next holiday as well. 

Here are a couple of the new decorations that I received for Christmas for the coffee bar. Now I truly do not need these, but I do like both of them. I will find a better way to display them, but for now this works. 

How true is this? Especially, on a cold winter morning!

My daughter bought this for me for Christmas. It is a beautiful cloth horse wall hanging. It is going in the hall for the moment, but I believe that I am going to try to rearrange things in the bathroom to put it on the wall there. I have several horse decorations in the bathroom already. ( Sorry about the lighting)
This is an older piece that I have had, but it was packed in a box in the attic that I had forgotten about. I decided that I will pull it out and place it in the bathroom as well. It is a very nice candle holder and although, I prefer my Pink Zebra fragrances than candles, I figure I can make my own with my Pink Zebra Sprinkles.
For those that asked about the bench that I was mentioning in the other post. Here is it. I still haven't gotten it moved onto the porch as it is simply too heavy for me to do alone. I will hopefully move it on Monday.



Comments

  1. Our Operation Christmas Take Down will be finished in about an hour! Time to move, I guess :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a really nice sturdy bench. They can be hard to come by. I love your signs, and now want to see your coffee bar. We have a coffee corner with a couple signs. Last week, I found one that quotes "My cup runneth over", perfect for a coffee bar! Our large living room window looks just like yours!! I also looks out on the front yard. I love all the light it lets in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to share some coffee bar pictures in one of my posts soon. I love that saying for a coffee bar. I am thrilled to know that someone else has such a large window that they love.

      Delete
  3. I WANT to take down but my kitchen is totally torn up and everything that WAS in the kitchen is blocking ever conceivable path to make taking down possible. It's odd. Usually, I'm fine leaving up for longer and I wouldn't mind leaving a little but I'm beginning to feel caved in. Probably because of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate remodels. I am sure that you would enjoy it more if it were not for that.

      Delete
  4. I hung up all my Valentine cups today! The season is changing and a new year has begun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I am working on getting things out. I really want to get into the new spirit of the new year.

      Delete
  5. It's always a big job to take down the Christmas decor, certainly not as much fun as putting it up! Always fun to rearrange, and put things back in a little different way. May the blessings of the Lord be with you in this New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit as much as I truly love my Christmas "stuff", I'm glad to have it all down and put away.
    Now I have more natural light too.
    I guess my Valentine decor will be my red plaid tablecloths (from Christmas)
    They are cheery and do perk up the place.
    With my Hubby really down with a miserable cold and me fighting it,
    That's about all we can do!
    Here's to a new year full of great adventures and things.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24