Swimming, Hotel and Fun

My grand doll loves to swim and she loves to go to hotels. She enjoys traveling, which is a huge plus as I do as well. She has asked for several weeks now to go to a hotel and go swim, but no one had taken the initiative to take her, so Mammaw made plans.

Just happens that my daughter used to work at a couple of local hotels and I know one of the managers well. I contacted her to see if she had any promotions going on or what kind of deal I could get. She said she would send me a link to use at a good discount, so I said sure. I wanted to go mid week to avoid the crowd and she stated that she was rather slow currently, so I decided it was a good decision to go ahead and make the plans.

We did not travel far ( less than 20 miles) but it was still a trip to a hotel to a young one and she got to swim. A deal and a happy little one - SCORE FOR ME!!!! We loaded up yesterday and went before her mom ever got off work and we were in the pool within an hour of checking in. ( Now, I do not swim and I do not like water, so that is a big deal for me.) Another plus, we had the pool all to ourselves. I was a mean shark, a nice shark, and her friend shark all in a matter of 60 minutes and did she ever have fun!
She does a decent job of swimming, but she is required to keep her life jacket on as long as it is her and I because I can't swim. It has taken a lot of work just to get me to go into a pool and I don't like to be splashed in the face which she is learning quickly. I feel as though I am unable to breathe when it happens. 

I must say that the hotel was very clean and the staff were extremely friendly! It made for a very nice and relaxing stay. I will be writing a trip advisor review on this hotel and it will be rated very high along many areas. I am extremely impressed with the entire place. 

It was a nice break, although short, from the daily work around here and we may plan another day away soon for the two of us. Her mom came and stayed this time, but it might just be us the next time. We are both tired, but it was fun. Swimming wears her out and was asleep by 7:30 last night. Woke at 5 a.m. this morning and feel asleep on the way home around 12:30 p.m. and is currently enjoying quite a nice nap. Giving me a chance to catch up here and spend a little quiet time following the last day with her. 

If you are ever in the Taylorsville, IN area, I highly suggest the Comfort Inn along US 31 in Edinburgh/Taylorsville. There is a nice outlet mall and several restaurants within walking distance and you will enjoy a clean and friendly hotel. 

Comments

  1. You are such a good grandma!! That sounds like a fun day and overnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a nice getaway even though we did not go far.

      Delete
  2. On the rare occasion that we stay at a hotel, the pool is always a very popular attraction :) Glad you both had fun!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am thankful that she likes to swim, but I am also grateful that she will wear a life jacket without a fuss so that I am able to take her.

      Delete
  3. This is something she will always remember. The pool and room do look lovely. Great that you had it to yourselves. Others who clown around and splash and yell can ruin it for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ginny, I was thankful that we were the only ones in the pool as I don't like others that have to clown around.

      Delete
  4. My idea of a treat, too. I love to swim and so enjoy the luxury of a hotel pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we should have invited you. It was a treat.

      Delete
  5. I passed that area for 20 plus years traveling to Greenwood to daughter and family. I lived in WV and South Carolina. I now live in the same area as daughter and family. Passed the hotel going to Brown County shops for the day. Fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Brown County. How amazing that we meet here!

      Delete
    2. Love the bath shop and the pizza place near it. Lve being among the people and other little shops.

      Delete
  6. Oh how fun. When we visit our "out of town" grandchildren, we stay at a local hotel and they come to swim. It is always fun for them and YES... it wears them out too! Happy to hear you had a good time and gave them good reviews. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun thing to be able to do with them. I am sure they do enjoy it as much as she did.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner