Happy Homemaker - On The Farm - Jan. 20

Good Morning Everyone! I am so happy to be joining Sandra today with another wonderful Happy Homemaker Post. If you would like to join us, I know she would be happy for you to share your homemaker post as well. You can learn all about it on her blog here.

I will say that I have plenty to tell you all about the weekend, but that will be in a different post as there is too much to share here along with all that I have to write about here. Keep reading along this week as I will have much to share. Let's get on with Happy Homemaker.
The Weather ...

IT IS COLD!!  The poor wood stove just can't seem to keep the house warm and I have been using my electric blanket to attempt to stay warm. I know it truly is not as cold in here as I think, but it sure feels like it as the floors are so cold. Our high yesterday was 12 degrees and the wind chill stayed about negative 2 degrees all day. Those are Fahrenheit temperatures not Celsius. Winter has certainly arrived in this area. We had a light dusting of snow last night so the roads may be a little slick this morning.

How I Am Feeling This Morning...

 Good, but cold! I have some much news to share this week. Some is good and some is not. I am excited today as my friend and my daughter are going to the home show with me. I always enjoy looking at new styles of things for the home as well as new colors, etc. Not that it will change the farmhouse much, but worth seeing what is new and exciting that I might need to attempt to get the hubby talked into. 

On My Mind...

So much this morning, first of all. My husband's cousin lost his daughter this weekend. I am not sure what happened to her yet, but I think she had a brain aneurysym. She was only around thirty and leaves behind a husband and three children. How sad! I know we will be attending her services on Wednesday.  My dear friend, Libby is on my mind as well as she has a surgery coming up this week. 

On The Breakfast Plate...

I am currently enjoying a cup of Toasted Coconut coffee and I believe that I will have a scrambled egg later. Although, we might get something from the donut shop later so I might skip the egg. 

On My Reading Pile...

I am still reading Shadows of the Past. It is an excellent book, but I had such a busy weekend that I truly did not have much time to read. I hope to read quite a bit this week of an evening. 

On My TV...

Nothing currently. I missed both of the football games this weekend. I will be watching the 5 episodes of the Pioneer Woman that I have on the DVR later today. 

On The Menu This Week...

Well, since we were busy this weekend, I truly have no idea as to what we will be eating. I believe the husband will want chili tonight since it is going to be super cold all day today. 

From The Camera...

My children threw a party for us for our 25th anniversary over the weekend and this is the cake that we had. I will be sharing much more on my blog this week about this party. It was a surprise for me! 

Looking Around The House...

I am very satisfied with the new trunk that I have added to the living room for a table. I think that it will hold some games or blankets and the current blanket chest can hold games. I am not sure yet, but I believe it will be very handy.

Chores I Am Not Looking Forward To This Week...

Laundry. Our washer quit this weekend and so I will be having to go to the laundromat or take the clothes to my father in laws next door and wash to carry home and dry. I know we will be getting a new set, but goodness. 

To Relax This Week, I Will...

Today, I will be going to the home show and then the rest of the week, I will be reading, blogging, and hopefully, working a puzzle that I got for Christmas that I have not been able to do yet. I need to make sure I purchase a board that I can use. 

On My Prayer List...

The Fox Family 
My friend Libby
My children
World Peace
Warmer Weather ( nothing wrong with this as one of my prayers, God must know how bad I hate cold!)

Devotional/ Bible Verse


I have to think sometimes to be content with what I have. I currently need a washer, vacuum, and warm weather. I need to learn to be more content, but until then I will certainly try not to complain about these things. ( Well, maybe the cold)

I hope that each of you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by! 



Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary, I hope you saved me a piece of that cake:) Enjoy your time at the home show, I know you will find some good ideas. It is cold here too but I get to stay in today and for that I'll be thankful. Perhaps we will have something warm for dinner, soup and cornbread sounds good to me! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, there is some cake left. The home show was nice and I will be posting about it this week too.

      Delete
  2. Happy 25th! In September it will be 20 years for me and the hubby :) I'm looking forward to celebrating in some way.

    I'm so sorry for the loss of your loved one :( Many prayers for you and her family.

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.
    Happy anniversary.
    Hubby and I will celebrate 56 years this January 31st.
    Stay warm and cozy..I won't complain about our 40F chilly when I read how cold you are...(:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having trouble staying warm here this week, too, for the same reason...cold floors. It's never been like this before, so something's wrong somewhere. Will be glad when we can track the problem down and get it fixed. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one. Am lifting your husband's family up in our thoughts and prayers here. Blessings for great rest of the week and Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The problem here is that we use wood heat and so the floors aren't really heated. It is just too cold for me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24