Celebrating On The Farm

Today there is something to celebrate on the farm and I wanted to share the news with all of my blog friends in the world. My husband and I have made a milestone that is much rarer these days than it was in days gone by. We are celebrating 25 years of marriage! Yes, our silver anniversary has arrived!

Now, my husband has one hobby and that is work. The man thinks that life revolves around the garage that he has worked in for many years. He rarely takes off except on Sunday and that has taken years of encouragement to get him to do. To ask him to close it would be a horrible thought, although he has for a few things in the past few years. Now, he also is of a odd family that his dad rarely ever went anywhere other than work, so it has truly been instilled in his brain that it is okay. I, however, believe that being a family man means that you work, but there are times to be with your family.

I mentioned to him quite a few months ago that I wanted him to plan something for this anniversary. This one is special, but he just sees it as another day. He asked me about a week ago, " so you want to do something on the 11th?" Yes!! I stated. Then he asked what! I wanted to smack him, but I thought I would give him ideas. So I mentioned a couple of restaurants that I would like to go to and I mentioned that I truly just wanted to spend the day with him away from home. I mentioned some places that we could go and spend the day. Wouldn't you know that he asked me again yesterday morning  what we were doing and if he needed to take the day off or if he could work till noon. He said " after all it's going to be raining". Normally, we get a bad snowstorm or ice the week of our anniversary, but this year it is rain. Yes, torrential downpours, but it is rain!!!

My word of the year paid off because I seen it on my desk where I posted it - "patience"! I calmly said something like, I guess if the shop is more important than our 25 years of marriage then go ahead and work half a day, but that cuts down on where we can go. I mentioned that I had thought that I would like to down along the Ohio River somewhere maybe and eat dinner and possibly walk along the river if it stopped raining for a bit. He said that was a little far. UGH!!

Now, I will say that he booked us a nice 4 day stay at a friend's condo in March in Alabama that he is using as his anniversary gift to me, so I guess he is off the hook that we are doing something - in March! Yesterday though, he invited one of his friends and his wife to go with us. UGH!!! I like to go and do things and this couple are homebodies so I am sure they will want to stay in the condo quite a bit and they are the ones that will drive. ( Now, I like to drive on the interstate as I don't make a good passenger.)
Here are two pictures of Mr. Wonderful 

Even with his all work and no play attitude, we have made a decent life for ourselves and I have been with him for over 25 years so we celebrate our silver today with whatever plans he has made!

Comments

  1. Twenty five years is definitely worth a big huge cheer so bravery! I know what it is like to have someone who loves to work...maybe not that much. So extra bravo for getting this special day planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Your husband is very handsome, and I hope you have a wonderful day. You are right, I think family should always come before work. But there are worse things. Let us know how it all went!! Last moth we celebrated our 50th!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went shopping for supplies ( business cards, tags, paint pens, etc. ) for his new business venture. We had a nice meal at a local restaurant. Yes, he is very handsome! Congratulations on your 50!

      Delete
  3. Happy 25th. I think there are some things that you just have to say-this is the way it is--they are who they are. I have done most of the compromising over the years to make this work (although there have been times that I would have gladly smothered him in his sleep)...lol. Anyway, 45 years this year! Can't believe I am this old!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that you are right. I have made many compromises over the years as well, and I have thought about that crime as well.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary. ❤️❤️❤️
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24