Sunday Morning Musings

Sunday Morning Musings

For some reason, I truly like that title and I may have to make it a new weekly event, but for now I will just write on for today. This is of one of my favorite horses, who has now passed on. I just thought that I would share his photo for now. 

I woke rather early today, but managed to go back to sleep for a bit. However, the dogs decided that I needed to be up and Jazzy came in to jump on my side of the bed to wake me up. I got up and realized that the fire needed to be stoked as it was quite chilly in here. As I opened the door, I realized that the weather had drastically changed from the rain and 60 degree weather that we had yesterday to a rather cold , but dry morning. 

Since I was up and it was cool, I loaded the woodstove and decided that I would go ahead and enjoy a nice warm cup of coffee and the peace and quiet that the morning was offering. I planned to write here then, but decided that I must read a few more chapters of my book as I hope to finish it this weekend. 
I have really enjoyed learning a little more about their life on the road that I really did not know. I have visited this family at home as well as seen them perform on the road many times. I consider Buddy a dear friend and I love Cherie and Roger as dear friends as well.  What a life serving the Lord they have had!!

As I stopped reading and got up to get my second cup of coffee, I was shocked to see some fairly heavy snowflakes falling. Now, I was aware that snow flurries were predicted, but I was still shocked to see them. Our weather has been insane lately. It is supposed to be in the mid 50's again by mid week. The snow was pretty and very short lived as it truly only snowed like 3 or 4 minutes. As I am looking out the window though, it does look as though we are getting very light snow flurries at the moment as well. 


This was the verse on the online Bible that I read each day. I have found peace in this verse for so long. I am fully aware that my home in Heaven will be waiting for me when I pass from this Earth. I may never have a mansion here, but I will in Heaven. Isn't it amazing what God does for us? I was just reading a story about the positive side of reaping what you sow and it truly made me realize just how important it is that I give more and worry less. God has control!!

Our anniversary was not the day I had planned and it truly rained hard most of the day, but my husband quit working around noon. We had to do some shopping for his business and that was not on my list of things to do, but we did. I was able to go to Hobby Lobby for a bit and then we went to a local restaurant that we had never visited and it was a nice dining experience! I enjoyed a grilled salmon, salad and baked potato while he enjoyed a ribeye steak with salad and baked potato. Now, we are trying to eat very low carb, but treated ourselves last night due to the anniversary. We also shared an appetizer of fried pickles. One of my favorites, but he did not care for them much. Overall, it was a nice dining experience and we will visit there again. 

Thanks for taking a moment to read my Sunday post and I will be back tomorrow to write my Happy Homemaker Monday post as well. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the farm!

Comments

  1. So you have horses? We live in Virginia, and it is 70 degrees now! Phil is out mowing. I'm glad you both had such a lovely meal. I love Hobby Lobby! Our closest is an hour away, but we will drive to get there. Did you buy anything? We call our youngest granddaughter Jazzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have two horses and a pony. My dad was from Virginia and I have visited there often. I wish it was 70 degrees here. It has been a cold and cloudy day here all day. I did not buy anything at Hobby Lobby. Jazzy is a cute nickname for your granddaughter.

      Delete
  2. A perfect Sunday morning! Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24