Saturday 9: Backfield in Motion (1969)
with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's Saturday 9 has a football theme because there's a big game Sunday. Will you be watching?Yes, my husband is a huge Tom Brady fan and so we will watch.
2) The Super Bowl is the second-largest day for food consumption in the US, second only to Thanksgiving. What's on your menu this weekend?I am sure we will have pizza, wings, and maybe tacos.
3) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for consuming guacamole. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it?I don't like avocado so I won't eat anything with it in it.
4) The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH. Have you ever visited Canton, or any other city in Ohio?I have been to many cities in Ohio but never Canton. Maybe this summer. My best friend lives in Ohio and I need to visit her soon.
5) This song mentions different moves that football players -- and, it seems, girlfriends -- can make that will result in penalties. What's the last rule you broke? What were the consequences?I can't think of anything.
6) In 1969, the year this song was popular, the Colts lost to the New York Jets in Super Bowl III. The game is famous because of all the hype leading up to it, including Joe Namath "guaranteeing" his underdog Jets would win. Tell us about a time when you felt like an underdog.I started a direct sales business and promised myself that I was not going to fail but when business did not go at the rate I hoped, I felt as an underdog.
7) This week's featured duo, Mel and Tim, are cousins from Mississippi. Tell us about one of your cousins.My cousin, John, works for the railroad and travels often. I get to see him more than any of my dad's side of the family.
8) The song is about a man who catches his girl cheating and he just won't put up with it. In romance, do you find it easy to forgive and forget?It would depend on the situation. I can't say that I would if it was cheating.
9) Random question: You've collected a box of gently-used items to donate to a second hand store. What would it be most likely to contain: clothes, housewares, or books/video/music? Clothes, toys, shoes, and possibly some household items.
Our life is one of fun, but hard work on our hobby farm. Horses, chickens, dogs, cats, ducks, guineas, pigs, and many other animals can reside here and we love every minute of it! This blog will be a variety of things as well as my thoughts on current events.
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Mar 16 - Sick Again
Hello! It is Thursday and I am sick again. I have some kind of infection that seems to be attacking multiple places at once. I have a UTI,...
Oh the joys of being able to be out of the house and among living, breathing people is fabulous! Yes, I was able to leave the house two day...
Good snowy, cold Monday morning! The past week has been a challenge to so many across the United States struggling with this massive winte...
This was a fun Q&A! My donation box would probably have clothes, shoes and household items too -- and books or old DVDs or videos.ReplyDelete
Thanks for coming by my blog today! Chelsea is fun -- you'd enjoy it!
very good :) my site follow pleaseReplyDelete
Hi Carol -- thanks for stopping over at my blog. I didn't know how to contact you otherwise but I appreciated your visit!ReplyDelete
I just read your comments and was surprised to read I had already commented and also misspelled my name twice. Oops! Wait, that isn't me commenting. There is another Jeanie (with one "n").ReplyDelete
We aren't Superbowl fans but are surrounded by people who are. I put it on the calendar to make sure I don't call anyone on that day. If their phone rings, they say, must be Jeannie because everyone else is watching TV now.
Jeannie (with 2 "n"s) @GetMeToTheCountry
How is it you still have a google + account when Google did away with that, or so they emailed me?!? Anyway, I wonder if your direct sales business grew and you continued it, or did you stop it? Always curious.ReplyDelete