Saturday 9: My Favorite Things (2018)

Saturday 9: My Favorite Things (2018)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This week's artist, Jennie Abrahamson, is very happy living in Stockholm, but she refers to Paris as "a flirt." She enjoys her time there so much she always wants to return. Is there a place you've visited that tugs at your heart and imagination, tempting you to return? There are several places like this. One of the main ones is Clinchport, Virginia where my dad's family was raised. I love the mountains and river there. I also want to visit Niagara Falls again. 

2) Jennie has said her music has been heavily influenced by 80s pop, which was popular in her early teen years. Are your favorite songs the ones you listened to when you were growing up? Yes, I listen to a lot of the 80's music and I listen to a lot of the gospel music that I grew up on. 

3) "My Favorite Things" is from The Sound of Music. Crazy Sam's high school claim to fame was playing Sister Margaretta in the senior class production. Though not a big part, her performance lives on because relatives love embarrassing her with pictures of her in an especially unflattering nun's habit. Who took an embarrassing photo of you? What were you doing? I never seem to take a good photo so I consider many of them embarrassing. I also was in the musical The Sound of Music. I played a nun as well, but not a major character.

4) The lyrics celebrate "brown paper packages tied up in strings." What was in the last box you received in the mail? The last package I got was a box from Amazon that contained items that I am going to use to teach preschool to my grand doll. 

5) It mentions doorbells and sleighbells. What's the most recent bell or alarm that you heard? I have been working with my daughter a bit the last two weeks and they have a doorbell in her warehouse that drivers must use to be allowed in the building. 

 
6) This song has nice things to say about cold weather, specifically snowflakes and mittens. What do you like about winter? I don't particularly love winter, but I do enjoy the beauty that the snow can bring to the woods around me. 

7) Dog bites and bee stings are singled out as things that can leave us feeling sad. What's most recently given you the blues? I have been sad the past two weeks because of the time I have spent away from my grand daughter. I usually have her 4 days a week and I have hardly seen her the past two weeks because of work. 

8) In 2018, when this song was released, Roger Federer won the Australian Open. Are you good with a racket? I have not played tennis for a very long time, but I used to be fairly good at playing. Never to the standard to of being a pro, but as far as just a common player. 

9) Random question -- Your local zoo announced the hatching of three snowy owlets. All males. You won the honor of naming them. Go ahead. Well, I would probably name them Hickory, Dickory, and Dock because that is my grand doll's favorite nursery rhyme. 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner