Digging Out and Now, Staying In

Saturday brought a wide array of weather our way. The morning began with rain and quite a bit of it.  Later in the day, we had a slight amount of freezing rain and then the snow began.  Quickly, we realized that the winter storm that the weather man had been forecasting was certainly hitting us as we suddenly had a lot of snow quite quickly.

I believe our total snowfall on Sunday morning was around 4-5 inches with ice underneath it. That meant digging out by clearing the cars off, shoveling a path to the wood pile, making sure the animals were within reach, etc. That takes awhile but luckily it was not too cold. However, by 4 p.m. the strong winds that we had earlier in the day had certainly brought in the colder temperatures and it was down right cold.

Last night brought bitter cold temperatures with lows near zero and wind chills below zero most of the day. Now it is time to stay inside where it is warm. Of course, animals still need fed and cared for and we must still work, but once we are done, it is time to stay warm. Beef stew from left over roast was a quick dinner and now I will write this, hit the shower, throw a load of laundry in and be done for the day.
I will curl up next to the wood stove and read for a bit and settle in for the night. I pray that you are warm and comfy in your home tonight. 

Until our trail meets again, my your trail be blessed and your ride be true. 

Comments

  1. Oh yes, staying in while there is snow on the ground sounds perfect. A good book by the fireplace is where I would be if we EVER get any snow:) Enjoy your day dear friend, stay safe and warm. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great blog! I am so glad I stumbled across it - I love meeting new friends!!! I am now following you - you can follow back at Annster's Domain if you wish! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner