16 Years and never good weather

Yes, I know I live in the Midwestern United States and I know that I chose one of the worst months to get married, but it would be nice to have one year of decent weather for out anniversary. My husband and I were married 16 years ago last night and if weather for the future could have been predicted by the weather we had at that time.

I remember that it was slick, icy, snowy, and cold the night we were married. We had been planning to get married at a different time, but I decided that I was tired of waiting and made a last minute decision that we would get married then. We got ready and where married two hours later surrounded by family and the residents of the nursing home where my grandmother was. We wanted her to see the wedding and we decided that it was too slick to bring her home, so we went there. Very slippery and cold trip, but well worth it!

Now 16 years later, we are under a winter storm advisory and it is cold, snowy and we have slick roads. Being that we live in rural area, travel is even more difficult. As we were talking yesterday, I do not ever remember a year that the weather has not been like this on our anniversary. It seems that this must be the worst week of weather that Indiana has and this week seems to be delivering the same results. Would it be too much to ask Mother Nature to hold off one week of bad and extremely cold weather?

Oh Well, I guess we will just continue to enjoy the years even if we don't enjoy the weather. The day was spent as any other day is - cleaning house, doing laundry, preparing meals, home schooling, and work. Maybe we can go to dinner at a later date and maybe we can actually plan to go somewhere warm at some time to celebrate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024