New Animals on the Farm

 About a week ago, we brought home new animals for the funny farm here. Now, you might expect a cow, pig, more chickens, rabbits, etc. but of course, you would be wrong. I named our farm the funny farm for a reason. We have pet hedgehogs and a parakeet. 


Yes, hedgehogs with quills and all. Yes, two female African Pygmy Hedgehogs. They are super cute and we have enjoyed them a great deal. The grandkids love them and I will say that they are interesting to watch. They can hurt a bit if they spike and you attempt to pick them up, but as long as you are careful and catch  them at the right time, they are very easy to pick up.  Here is a Google Image of them as I have not been able to get one yet. 

My oldest daughter found these at an auction last Friday night and my husband bought them. I was shocked, but he thinks that they are a good idea for the grands. I will say the oldest is a bit scared of them, but the youngest loves to hold them and will ask often. 


Then we also got a blue and white parakeet. Now, I am not a bird lover at all, except for ducks and woodpeckers, but it has not been too bad having him around. He does get a bit loud at times, but for the most part he is okay. I have been petting him daily and he "talks" to my husband every morning while he is drinking coffee. Another Google Image, but here is what he looks like.


As I have said before, you just never know what the next animal on the farm will be. Wonder if there is a way to make a small animal petting zoo. No, that would just be more work for me. 

I am thankful to say that the sun is out today and it is a bit warmer than yesterday. My goodness the rain yesterday was awful. Many roads around us were flooded and I heard of several accidents due to the rain. The weather man said today that we may have a wintery mix on Friday. Come on Mother Nature, give us a break!







Comments

  1. What an amazing farm you have! I love it!!!
    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It certainly can be crazy at times.

      Delete
  2. A friend sent me a card featuring a hedgehog and I fell in love. You are so blessed to have your Funny farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot, my husband once rescued a green parakeet he found on the street, then we got a blue one for a companion, which didn't work out since they just didn't get along. The green one escaped one day and was killed by one of our dogs, but the blue one lived with us for many years, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the other substitute teachers at my work (she helps in the office as well) has a hedgehog and brings it sometimes to show the kids. I feed the outdoor birds but the thought of any kind of bird inside scares me a bit. You do have some unusual animals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024