Changing Directions on the Farm - Saturday 3-11-23

 Change is usually a good thing, correct? I certainly believe that for the changes we have in mind for the funny farm here. We have decided that we are going to raise more chickens than we have in the past and I have decided that I want to get into selling plants and other farm related items as well. Many things will need to fall into place for this to all happen, but I believe it is exactly what we need to do in order to make the farm into a money-making venture and take us into our next season of life.

My husband and I are getting older and we don't really want to have a full blown animal farm with large animals anymore. The horses were fun, but hay is such a chore these days. I am sure that neither of us will miss the hot, hard work of putting up hay. I also am aware that we need to make some money towards keeping up the upkeep of the farm, so I have set a plan in motion to raise more small animals to sell.

My husband purchased 24 chicks today as well as 2 turkeys and we have ordered two more turkeys. I fully intend to make this the summer that changes the farm around to more of a small animal farm and I want to sell eggs, jelly, and some plants once I have them securely started. I feel much more confident in doing this now than I would have several years ago as I have learned much more about animals and plants than I knew years ago.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024