Another Spring Day

 Well, with temperatures near 75 degrees today, it looks to be another spring like day here in the Midwest. As with all the other days with temperatures like this, we are to have a cold front move through and it is to turn much cooler tomorrow with highs in the mid 40's and possible wintery mix on Friday. 

It has been nice to do some work outside though. I added some solar lights to our front flower bed and I cleaned some bird feeders as well. I put new suet cakes out for the woodpeckers and other birds. I rearranged some of the outside décor and just tidied things up a bit around here. It seems as though winter has given us so much wind that many things are out of place and need to be cleaned up.

I have enjoyed the new chicken coop quite a bit and look forward to spending time watching the chickens once we get our bench set up and we get my office, which will be near it completed. I am more than ready to move into that office! 

I planned to do a Happy Homemaker post today, but it just did not seem to happen. Maybe next week. My grand daughter was sent home today with what the school believed to be pink eye, but the doctor says it was just an infection. I am happy about that. Lots to do, so I better close this for now. 




Comments

  1. Love when the weather cooperates and things can be done outside. Hubby has been loading up our Green Waste can every week for the last 3 with trimmed branches off the redwoods that are totally out of hand. Big job but it looks so much better. Now if it will stop raining so we can get to the weeds before they get too big and dried out..there's always something for sure.
    We have the "promise" of another storm coming in this weekend. Need the water but, I sure am over it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are over the rain and the winds this year

      Delete
  2. Always nice to get outside and get things done. We've had 2 days of rain so far and more predicted for tomorrow but I keep thinking how wonderfully green everything is going to be soon. Hope your granddaughter's eye isn't bothering her too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her eye was thankfully just allergies and it is cleared now

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024