Your Legacy

What will your legacy be? What will others say once you have left this world and passed into death and eternity? Have you considered how others perceive you and will say about you? If not, maybe this Sunday will be the day to begin to consider your legacy.

 Just a few days ago, I heard someone make a comment to my husband that they were my grandma's paper boy many years ago and how he hated delivering her paper because she was so hateful. My grandma was a wonderful lady and liked by many, but I do remember that she liked her paper on her porch each morning and if it was not there, she would call in about it. Was she hateful? No! Did she seem like it to this young man at the time? Possibly! Did she leave a legacy with him? Yes, but not the one that I would have hoped she would have left. What seemed hateful to him seemed like being set in her ways some or expecting you to do your job correctly to me. After all, if the paper was not on the porch with it raining or snowing, she could not read it as it was wet.

 Today, as I read my devotion book and completed my Bible study, I was once again reminded of this and was praying about the lack of respect in most anything these days when suddenly, the thought came of what this man had said and how it went along with the study I was currently doing.

 Colossians3:12-13 says, "Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another. " As Christians these days go through every day life, I truly believe that we forget these words and we don't leave that type of legacy. Think of the type of world that we could live in if just these 2 verses were practiced by more people these days. Just yesterday, I was in a situation where, I was at an event and someone was standing at the table that I really wanted to look at and I became so impatient that I walked off and never returned to the table. Now, the vendor at the table did absolutely nothing wrong because the gentleman there was just asking some questions and taking time to learn about the items, but I was impatient. My time was no more valuable than his, but I thought that it was.

 Impatient, unkind, not gentle - those are not words that I want to describe me when I am not in this life anymore. I want to be kind, humble, gentle, patient, caring, friendly. I need to work on myself when it comes to these things the same as others do. Are there reasons to be upset? Yes, but many times we are the reason we are upset. We are the cause of our frustration, anger, etc.

 Each day we are leaving a legacy behind for others, whether good or bad. I am setting a goal for myself to be more loving, compassionate, caring, gentle, kind, and patient from today forward, what about you?

Comments

  1. Yes! I want to be kind.❤️ Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important sometimes to be reminded of how we want to be.

      Delete
  2. Great goals to set, I want to remembered as loving and kind! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful, thoughtful and introspective post and I feel honored you would share these thoughts with us. They are a very good reminder to us all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24