Saturday 9 - Heart to Heart _ Kenny Loggins

Heart to Heart






















Heart to Heart (1982)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.


1) With whom did you most recently have a "heart-to-heart" talk?My youngest daughter. She seems to be the one that I usually am doing this with. 

2) When this song was on the charts, audiences were tuning in to a TV show called Hart to Hart. Are you familiar with it? Yes, I just watched a rerun of it on television the other night. I can say it is still a good show. 

3) In the music video, Kenny Loggins plays an illustrator. It’s said that the hardest thing to draw is a straight line, because all the joints in your hand have to work together in sync. Can you draw a straight line, without the aid of a ruler or a straight edge? NO! I can't draw a straight line with a ruler either. 

4) This video also prominently features teddy bears. A 2018 article in the NY Post estimates that 4 in 10 adults has a plush toy of his/her own. Are you one of the 40%? No, I recently gave my first teddy bear to my grand doll to be put up. 

5) Kenny Loggins performed in a tribute to Aretha Franklin at Carnegie Hall. Do you have a favorite Aretha Franklin song? No, I really don't listen to her music much. Respect would be the one I would have listened to the most though. 

6) Kenny cowrote this song with Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers. You can also hear Michael on the background vocals. Do you have a favorite Doobie Brothers song? No, I never cared for their music at all. 

7) The third cowriter is David Foster. 1982 was a big year for Foster, since Chicago had a big hit with another of his compositions, “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.” Do you have a favorite Chicago song? Oh Yes! " You're the Inspiration" and "Hard Habit To Break"

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, Tylenol capsules laced with cyanide killed 7 people in Chicago. In response, tamper-proof packaging was introduced. What’s the last thing you opened that required you break a seal? The Elderberry vitamins that I opened yesterday. 

9) Random question – You’re having a party. Which guest annoys you most: the one who arrives 20 minutes early, or the one who shows up 20 minutes late? The one that arrives late. Being 15 minutes early is on time so the 20 minutes early is only 5 minutes early. 

Comments

  1. #7 -- So far, in our incredibly unscientific Saturday 9 poll, "You're the Inspiration" seems to be Chicago's most popular song.

    #9 -- Oh my! Being 15 minutes early to my place means you likely find me with my hair still in a towel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great song, so I am not surprised. I guess it might mean I would still be finishing things up, but I still would expect them to be arriving at that time.

      Delete
  2. How sweet that you gave away your teddy bear. I hope it is treasured forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it will be. It is still in good shape thankfully so that she can enjoy it as well.

      Delete
  3. Your teddy bear will for sure be a treasure by your Grand! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I am glad it was in good shape. I also have a box of dolls under my bed that she will get one day when she can truly appreciate them. I know there are a John- Boy and Mary Ellen Walton dolls in that box.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner