The Addams Family (1964)
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
2) The Addams' butler, Lurch, was originally conceived as a mute. But then actor Ted Lange ad libbed the line, "You rang?" and Lurch had a voice, and a catchphrase. Can you think of another catchphrase connected to a TV character? Going back several years but "whatcha talkin about Willis" by Arnold on Diff'rent Strokes. Arnold was played by actor Gary Coleman and was the little brother to Willis.
3) Now here's the most important question of the week: Do you prefer The Addams Family or The Munsters? Both of them! These were two of my favorite shows growing up and I still watch reruns. I love the Munsters, but the Addams family was a different style humor and I love Morticia.
4) What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? I don't like scary movies, but I hated Pet Cemetary.
5) Thursday was Halloween. What goodies did you give the trick or treaters? We live in the country so we never have trick or treaters. I bought a package of Peep ghosts for the grand doll and I bought her some bath paint.
7) Did you carve a jack o'lantern this year? My husband and grand doll did.
8) Do you eat candy corn all year around ... only at Halloween ... or never?We eat a little at Halloween time, but my favorite is the mixed variety with the chocolate at the ends.
9) In 1964, when The Addams Family premiered, one of the most popular store-bought Halloween costumes was Bambi. It came with a plastic mask held on by a thin elastic band. Tell us about a memorable Halloween costume from your childhood.
I dressed as a pioneer woman one year and my other favorite was when my grandpa made scarecrow costumes for my brother and I. Oh, how I hated those plastic masks as you could not breathe in them.