Breaking Records

We are breaking records in my neck of the woods today with record cold temperatures this morning. I believe it said we broke a 17 year old record of the cold for the morning. A fast moving system brought temperatures from 45 degrees yesterday morning to single digits this morning with wind chills below zero.  BRRR!! We also got rain, freezing rain, and snow making roads very slippery this morning with a layer of ice on them. I am glad I have no place to go!

This was yesterday just after it started snowing. It looked as though we were just going to get a dusting, but around 7 p.m. last night the snow began picking up in intensity and suddenly, we realized that the forecast of 1-3 inches was probably going to be on the higher level. 
Same picture area this morning and you can see it piled up quite nicely on the porch railing.  I can say I am not a fan of snow, but I don't mind it as much as the ice. 
I know someone that loves the snow and was anxious to get out into the first snow of the year. Mom was off work today and so she braved the cold for Miss H to be out. 
She had to make sure that I knew she was able to make snow angels. I really need to get her castle picked up out of the yard today and try to get my bench under cover. The other play set needs to be given away as she is too big for it now. 
Here are the scenes that I love from this time of the year. The trees covered in snow, especially the pine trees make me smile. 


Of course, we love snowmen here so it was the perfect time to put Mr. Holly Jolly on the door to welcome friends and neighbors to the house for the holiday season. I will probably begin decorating this week for the Christmas season, so I will share much of the house with you as I do. 

Have a nice day and enjoy whatever weather you have as it could always be worse!! I will be cleaning house and sitting with a nice fire in my electric fireplace and a cup of hot tea! I will be enjoying the heat from the woodstove and the scent of Toasted Marshmallow from Pink Zebra in my warmer!!



Comments

  1. This looks delightful looking from the inside out...Brrrr
    Get those fuzzy soxs out and enjoy your cup of tea.
    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I love to spend days like this.

      Delete
  2. Cold as all get out here -- in the 20s last night and today in the low 30s but loads of wind, and of course the ice and snow. Not ready! But it IS pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's pretty but not ready for the cold like this. I believe our low overnight was 7

      Delete
  3. Oh the snow is beautiful but BRRRRR! Enjoy your day inside with the warm fire. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner