Happy Homemaker Monday - Nov.18th

Hello everyone! I am excited to be joining Sandra again to take part in her Happy Homemaker series and look forward to reading everyone else's posts as well. Mondays can be dreary days for many, but I don't mind them as much since I have truly never had a Monday thru Friday job until the last few years while doing home health. I am looking forward to today because I am meeting friends for breakfast and a little Christmas shopping.

The weather.....  
  It is a little warmer here and I think we are to see some 50's this week. I know the sun was shining yesterday and it was not too cold out. 

Right now I am....
  Enjoying a cup of Caramel Crumb Cake coffee and listening to the click of the keyboard as I type.

 Thinking...
  Of gift ideas for my husband. Yes, we still exchange gifts for Christmas even though I have suggested that the kitchen remodel was enough. He doesn't like sports and he really doesn't have hobbies except hunting. He is the kind of man that when he wants something he buys it. Makes gift giving so hard, plus we have an anniversary coming up that I want to celebrate. 

On my reading pile....

  Spirit of the Season. I just can't seem to find the time to finish this book.

On my TV.....
  It will be the news in about 15 minutes when my husband gets up, but I am enjoying the silence.

Favorite blog post last week (mine or other)....
  I can't say that I have one. I have not really thought about it. There are so many of you that I follow and enjoy tremendously.

Something fun to share....


These cute towels from Kohl's. Aren't they sweet? 


 Blog Hopping..
  . I can't say that I have read many new blogs this week. 

On the menu for this week....
  I have not thought about the menu yet for the week. I will tackle that some time today, I guess. The pork loin that I marinated in pear juice last week was delicious. 

On my to do list....
  Preparations for Thanksgiving and decorating for Christmas are the two priorities here. 

In the craft basket....
  Many projects in the works. I am still quilting and I have some items that I picked up at Hobby Lobby that I want to paint. I am making my daughter some homemade ornaments for her new home. 

Looking forward to this week....
  Spending time with the grand doll and working on some crafts together. 

Looking around the house....
  There is some clutter that needs to be handled today as my husband hunted on Saturday and was sick all day yesterday so of course, he leaves a mess behind. 

From the camera....

The start of another delicious batch of apple butter. I can hardly wait for the deliciousness to be finished. I am so thankful for apples. 

   On my prayer list.....
   Susie and her husband Ted, my children, peace in the world, school shooting survivors, my friends and family 

Bible verse, Devotional....
  I am starting to read my Bible all the way through again and today is Day 1. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth". 


Many blessings to each of you and I will link  up as soon as Sandra posts this week. 



Comments

  1. Silence here too and I really enjoy it! The news is mostly bad or political, I will take the silence. Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on that. The news seems to always be depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting Friends for breakfast and Christmas shopping, looks like a great day. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carol, so nice to visit with you on this Monday! The weather has been drizzly here and overcast, a nice day to be inside with a cup of hot tea. Enjoyed hearing about your day, and I must say, my husband is a struggle to buy for as well, as he just doesn't really need or want anything. He is content. A blessing for sure, but hard in the gift giving department! Enjoy your time with your granddaughter, sweet and precious times for sure! Blessings and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, Thanks for stopping by and enjoy that hot tea as we are to have the same weather today- drizzle and gray.

      Delete
  5. My husband does that as well, needs something and buys it. Does make gift buying very hard. Hope you've had a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caramel Crumb cake.. sounds delish! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caramel Crumb Cake sounds delicious and, yes! The towels are super cute! It's been a long time since I made applebutter, but homemade is THE BEST! Blessings for a great rest of the week! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024