On The Farm Today

Being that winter is truly not far away and the days here on the farm are getting colder and daylight hours are getting shorter,  there are plenty of items on the to-do list. Today is a day that I need to work on some of that list because I believe that after tomorrow our weather is to be quite colder. 

On of the items on my list, is to get the camper emptied of any food, water, etc. so that it can be winterized and ready to not move for the winter. This is the one that makes me sad as I love camping! I would love to travel the country in an RV.

Of course, the reason I love camping the most is because of memories like this that we make. Her first fishing trip with Papaw! 


Enough of that......Back to the work at hand! Wood! If colder temps are coming, that means wood needs to be stacked and ready for the cold days that I only want to go onto the porch to get it. It also means that the huge stack in the yard needs to be stacked. Plus, tarps used to cover it need to be found and placed on the stacks. 

Dinner plans need to be made and it is our son's birthday so I need to call him today and wish him a good day. He closed on his first house yesterday, which I am thrilled about! My kids are doing well for themselves. Of course, the youngest is still living near us and needs the most help. I pray that she soon finds her own way in life! 

I have a chicken that has been setting on eggs for a few weeks now. I need to check the pen again today to see if we have chicks and if not, I think I will get the eggs and toss them as I am sure we should have them by now. It is an odd time for her to be setting, but she has been. 

I also need to get outside toys gathered up and put into storage for the winter. It seems as though I am the only one realizing winter is blasting our way. No one else seems to be concerned about any preparations, although the dear husband did go get a load of logs for firewood on Sunday. 

As I sit here writing this, I think I hear rain drops hitting the winter. That is a sight that I do not need today if I intend to get the work done. Of course, the grand doll will be here as well, so I am not sure I will get this list done as she loves to play!!

Comments

  1. I love hearing about your days......winter brings a lot of work for you. Prayers for the strength and time to get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Winter is such a rough time of year here, but I love the first snowfall of the year.

      Delete
  2. When Rick was at the lake a couple weeks ago he had to get a ton of wood in and stacked. We're set for next year! So not ready for winter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting wood ready used to be one of my favorite jobs, but now I hate the thought. I will admit though that when we walked in last night from being out for a while, the warmth from the wood stove was so very nice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner