Faith

Faith can mean many things to many different people. Faith to be is believing in something that I can't see or feel, but that I know is real. My faith in Christ is a prime example of that. I believe that God is real and I believe that when we die, our souls go to heaven or hell depending on our trust in God and salvation.

Whether you agree with that faith based salvation or not, is your right. I have been raised in a Baptist church that believes in the Bible and preached of this faith. Many verses in the Bible speak of faith and so I am a firm believer that our faith and not our works get us to Heaven. I wonder many times about Heaven and what it truly looks like. I know what I imagine it to look like, but I doubt that my visions are accurate.

My concern today about faith is the number of Christians killed in Kenya this week due to being Christian. The Bible speaks of being asked to deny Christ and being persecuted for not and it seems that this is what has happened this week. Armed gunmen entered a college and walked up to students and asked if they were Muslim or Christian, when they answered Christian, they were shot. How awful! However, with 147 students killed, it seems as many were not willing to denounce Christ. I wonder if we would have that type of will in the same situation?

This verse came to mind when I first heard the news concerning this killing spree. Matthew 10:33 - But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24