Sunday Blessings #1

I would like to have others join me in this Sunday Blessings, so if you are looking for a new writing for Sunday or just want to share a quick blessing that you have experienced, please link up with us here.  Be sure that you add the link in your post to this one so that others will know to come back to Slatersfunnyfarm  and read what other writers have done.


First, I would like to share the Bible verse that I read today. Many of you are aware that I have started each day reading a verse from King James Online site and that I take my Bible Study from that some days. I do read a devotional most days as well. I like to share this one when I can though as I think that it never hurts to get a little bit of God's Word when we can.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4 (KJV) 

How can we have blessings without God being greater than this old world? It seems as though the media rarely finds good in anything these days, which is sad as there are still good people in the world. 

My blessings from this week are as follows:

1.The court hearing to appeal the nursing home making us move my mother in law is over and I no longer have to stress about that. We should know a decision this week.

2. My grand doll appears that her legs are healing quite nicely and I believe the pins and plates in the left leg will be out soon. 

3. I am blessed to have a roof over my head, food to eat, and a nice warm place to sleep each night. I am thankful that when it is below freezing outside, I have a nice woodstove to keep me warm.

4. I am blessed to have good friends in my life and I am blessed to have blog friends as well. 

Comments

  1. It is always so important to remind us the be thankful. So many of us take things for granted...until we no longer have them. We would never open a gift from a friend without thanking them. So why would we accept God's wonderful gifts without thanking Him??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so correct in your thinking on this.

      Delete
  2. Sunday Blessings is a wonderful idea! Come see my post :)

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2020/03/sunday-blessings-3120.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will. I think I want to do this weekly. I thought I had it so that you could link to it. I truly am not technical at all.

      Delete
  3. These are all wonderful blessings. Each of us can find things to be thankful for if we just stop to thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can. I feel that we get bogged down by life and forget to be thankful.

      Delete
  4. Feeling blessed with warmer weather and longer days. My favorite season, spring, is right in front of me. Wishes for a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like spring as well. I hope the warmer weather continues.

      Delete
  5. Yes, you are blessed and sometimes it's good to just put them in writing. I often need reminders when I stress about "Life".
    I am feeling blessed because my care-giving long day went very well with my friend who has beginning Alzheimer's.
    My son and his wife were able to get away for 2 days and leave some very difficult family problems behind.
    My Hubby and I had a chance to go out to dinner yesterday and just enjoy each other's company.
    Blessings to you too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful. It is so nice to escape from daily life a bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024