I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
Saturday 9 is a series of questions asked each week by our friend, Sam. Please stop by her blog to see how this works, read posts just like this by other bloggers and maybe even join in.
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen (1975)
Chosen because St. Patrick's Day is Tuesday.
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is widely considered a traditional Irish ballad. Are you of Irish descent?
No, I don't believe that we are.
2) It's a song from a groom to his homesick bride. Who did you most recently serenade? (Yes, "Happy Birthday" counts.)
My grand doll as she sings Happy Birthday to me each day and I return the song to her. It is cute that she thinks everyday is my birthday.
3) Kathleen considers "home" her mother's cottage. How about you? Is "home" where you live now, or is it where you grew up?
I consider both of those places home, but I remember my granny's house in Virginia as being the best and that could be considered home as well.
4) St. Patrick is credited with driving snakes out of Ireland, and to this day the Irish report there are no snakes on their land. Ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. Do you suffer from ophiophobia?
I don't know that I suffer a fear of snakes, but I sure can't say that I like them. They are slimy, sneaky, and just gross!
6) Leprechauns are a symbol of St. Patrick's Day. These small Irish fairies are said to live in the forest, guarding their gold. Do you more often wear silver or gold?
Gold definitely! I prefer gold jewelry over silver, but I do have both.
7) The signature color of St. Patrick's Day is green. Will you wear green next Tuesday?
Of course, I will!
9) Random question: Do you believe women are more emotional than men?
Yes, I believe they are. I know men that are emotional though as well. My husband will cry at a sappy movie before I will.