Weekend Wonders

Hello Friends! I intended to write this blog post yesterday, but I failed at that. I was going to write it at 11:30 yesterday evening so that I could write my Friday FunBits post, but I decided that I was sleepy and went to bed. However, I have not lost sight of my goals that I set for myself as I have written three posts this week.

Anyway, this beautiful sunny morning is bringing some wonderfully cool weather to us and I am thrilled to see it. Our heat and humidity has been awful the past few weeks, but this morning is just beautiful. It is 57 degrees at the moment and the sun is out and shining through the trees in my sideyard that I can see from the window by the desk. The roosters are crowing to wake the neighborhood and I have already taken a walk with my cup of coffee to take a treat to Rambler, my horse.

My husband and daughter went to Ohio for the weekend and so I am home alone basically. My mom is here but she spends most of her time in her room and so I have most of the house to myself. I plan to do some cleaning today and I may spend quite a bit of the day sitting in my chair outside reading. I am currently reading "The Shack" and I find that it is a wonderfully written book and the storyline is intense at the moment. It is the type of book that I don't want to put down. I also plan to take a look at some quilting magazines that I picked up at the library the other day.

I enjoyed a nice lunch with my friend on Thursday this week. We took a trip to a larger city about 25 miles from us and went to Olive Garden. It was a nice time to enjoy a good meal and spend a few hours chatting. She is one of my long time friends as I am sure we have been friends well over 20 years. We have shared many good times as well as bad. We have been there when each other lost their father, we have been there through births of our children and our girls are just a few months apart, and we have shared many joys and defeats together. Our spiritual beliefs are the same since we attended the same church for many years and we have held to our principals throughout our years even when I did not attend church and found myself slipping away from God and yet, she never turned her back on our friendship. Thankfully, I never lost sight of the principals that I believed in.

Well, my goals for next week are going to stay the same as this week. Busy with my business, farm life, family, and keeping my blog up as it needs to be. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner